── 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏. 𝟎𝟎𝟐

june 10 , 2023
camp half blood
1.1k words

you woke up this morning feeling excited for capture the flag, especially it being the one day you could fight people without getting in you've, plus you were on annabeth's team for once and she won all the time.

once it became time, everyone split up into their two teams, across one another as both teams stood on a side of a river. as chiron blew into the shell in his hand, indicating that capture the flag has began, everyone let out war cries.

most of the team started heading into the woods already while you, luke, annabeth, and percy huddled up together. "all right. we have twenty minutes before the second conch and game-on," annabeth started.

"-you know what your doing?" annabeth asked while turning to luke. "yes ma'am." he nodded before walking off. and that left you and percy.

annabeth then looked at you. "remember our plan?" you nodded. "wait until we get to the river." you said as you repeated her words from the day before. "c'mon." you turned to percy as you started to walk away.

"hey." annabeth called out, causing you to turn back. "today feel like a winning kind of day to you?" she smirked.

"i'll see you on the other side." you grinned, grabbing percy by his arm as you started to headed into the woods.

percy furrowed his brows. "wait- what plan? i don't get it." he murmured as the both of you walked down a trail.

"there's nothin to get." you shrugged as you released his arm, now walking in front of him.

you saw a small log on the ground and easily stepped over it, unlike percy who tripped and fell face forward. you slowly turned around and looked down at him, watching as he struggled to get up.

once he finally did get up, he brushed some of the dirt off his pants and faced you. "i'm fine, thanks. y'know, i appreciate you standing there not helping me."

you cocked your head at him, narrowing your eyes. "did you not see that or you just chose not to?" but before he could even reply, you already walked ahead of him.

percy started to talk about something with his father and him needing today to go well while you just kept walking, looking all around you.

eventually when he stopped talking you faced him and fixed the strap on his armor piece, then looked up at him. "your turn."

he scrunched his face up in confusion. "my turn? my turn for what?" he asked as you started to back away from him.

"don't worry, you'll do great." you said, giving him a thumbs up as you took off, running away.

you ran all the way to the area annabeth said she would be waiting at, waiting for you to confirm the plan is working. as you arrived you didn't see her, causing you to furrow your brows and looking around the area.

"boo!" you jumped and turned around, coming face to annabeth who had appeared in front of you. clutching your heart with your hand, you rolled your eyes and sighed. "god, annabeth- you can't keep doing this."

she just shrugged and shoved her hat in her pocket before gazing back at you. "so, did you do it?" annabeth asked and you replied by nodding.

"by the time we get to the river, he'd already be there." you added as you took your helmet off and held it in your arm.

"okay, let's go."

ꜜ ₊˚.༄

"no!" you heard a voice scream. you and annabeth made your way down to the river, stopping at you watching clarisse scream at percy.

you were about to walk down there until annabeth held you back, placing a hand on your chest as the conch shell blew.

you furrowed you brows, turning to your side as you heard the cheers of your team while they ran down to the river, sticking the red teams flag into the ground.

"go." annabeth spoke as she stared at percy. "now?" you question, glancing at her. she nodded and you then made your way towards percy.

"not bad, newbie." you said as you approached the boy, holding your hand out for him to grab. he skeptically looked down at your hand before taking it and standing up.

you sighed as he stood in front of you. "listen, percy.." you trailed off as you turned around to look at annabeth, she nodded for you to go on and you faced percy once more. "i'm sorry."

and with both hands, you pushed percy into the river, causing him to fall back with a grunt and glaring at you. "what is wrong with you?!"

percy shouted, now having everyone's attention towards the two of you. as percy stood in the water, the cuts and bruises he had started to fade away. "i-i don't understand.." he uttered in disbelief, looking down at his arms.

you stared at percy, then you looked up at the glowing triton above him. "woah.." you mumble to yourself as annabeth's plan actually worked.

"your dad's calling." annabeth spoke up as she came up to the side of you with a grin spread across her face. you turned to her and smirked.

"i guess your plan worked after all."

ꜜ ₊˚.༄

the next day chiron had gathered everyone to be chosen for a quest, a quest with percy. you all stood around in a circle as percy stood beside chiron and mr. d.

chiron looked at all of you as he spoke to percy."i have selected our most compelling candidates, from which you will choose three to join you on this quest, and ensure-"

"y/n and annabeth." percy cut chiron off as he looked at the both of you, his gaze mainly on you.

chiron glanced at percy. "customarily, one waits to hear a name or two before choosing. are you sure you don't wanna hear more?" chiron questioned.

"this thing, zeus' masterbolt, we need to get it back, right?" percy craned his neck up at the centaur. "yes." chiron nodded.

"and it's gonna be hard to get, yes?"

"extraordinary." chiron replied.

"and if the mission required someone to push me down a flight of stairs for it to succeed, you'd want someone who won't hesitate when they do it.. and someone to plan it." percy added as he looked back at the both of you.

chiron then turned to the rest of the group and announced, "the first quest-mates shall be annabeth chase and y/n l/n!"

you smiled as you glanced at annabeth, her returning the smile back to you.

"we finally got our quest."

— 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ;
just republishing!
also editing too <3