||*. 005 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝟖𝟎𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜

𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 '𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞
𝐫𝐞𝐨𝐜𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥' ?

Well, Percy wish he knew that two week ago. Because he was having the same nightmare over AND over again. Sometimes they varied slightly but it was always the same concept.

He was stuck in the middle of a dessert with dunes of sand for miles and nowhere else to go in sight. He would see a dark figure in the distance, one that spoke in an incoherent hushed voice and had a looming presence. The figure was holding up a lantern. One bright enough to illuminate the dark cloak the figure was wearing, but not their face. The sky was restless, and there was mounds of fog mixed with booming lightning. The ground beneath him shook slowly. Suddenly, a breeze would pick up behind him and he would turn around to see the most ridiculous thing ever. A bunk bed, that sat still on the sand was right in-front of him.

   It looked like one of those stage sets they used in sitcoms. Where there was one or two walls so it appeared to look like a room from the cameras angle but was really just a fake and cheap way to not have to build an entire room.

   Percy stepped closer, then closer, so he could examine the bunk. That's when he noticed what was tapped all over the walls. Small clippings from old 80s magazines pasted all over. There was hung up photos of bands like The Cure and Tears for Fears with tiny stars drawn around them. And if you looked underneath the top bunk—which Percy did— you would find more stars, the glow in the dark kind.

As well as books. So many books. They were stacked right next to the bottom bunk and even underneath the bed. Percy's only thought was- nobody likes 80s music anymore. His judgmental thoughts must've back fired because the ground began to shake even more violent than before. Until he started to sink into the sand beneath him, fully submerged and on the verge of drowning till he woke.

This was version one of the nightmare. Version two was exactly the same except when the breeze picked up and he turned around there was no bunk bed, only a girl. Actually, Percy assumed the person was a girl. The fog had blocked his vision from seeing her clearly. But, she was really pretty and had brown hair and even deeper brown eyes. She sort of just stood there in a very peculiar orange shirt and looked at him. Every time he tried to get closer to the girl, maybe to ask her what her name was or maybe even her number if he was feeling daring. The fog would either swallow her up or he would be woken up a startling whisper that sounded like Greek? Mr. Brunner must've been one hell of a teacher for being able to teach Percy and he still retain it even in his dreams.

Each time he woke up from this dream he would always tell his best friend, Grover. He would give his best attempt at explaining what he was dreaming about but he felt kinda crazy after saying 'And she was wearing an orange shirt!'. Grover would just get big-eyed and nod repeatedly, like how a mom tells her child their drawing of them is really good. He thought it best not to bring it up again.

   That was until he discovered he was a half blood. And until he discovered his 'dream-girl' was in fact not a dream, but very real.

𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 '𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦-𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥'
𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝.

   First of all, he didn't actually have a plan to talk to her. And second of all, her name wasn't dream-girl, it was Gwen. Percy knew this not because Luke told him in the Hermes cabin
when he met Gwen. It was because he had asked Grover about her the morning he woke up in the infirmary.