Before You Leave

x female reader

Y/N POV

I run towards her boarding number at full speed, out of breath. I see her dark hair flowing behind her as she sits down.

I caught her in time.

As I keep going, I hesitate as I think about how I got to this point.

Flashback

For the past hour I have been beating myself up. Yesterday was the last time I'd see Mikey for who knows how long. She's leaving for her acting career.

Yesterday I meant to tell her how I feel about her. How I've felt about since we were 15. I chickened out, though, and I regret it.

I can't stand rejection, feeling terrified of it. Its always been a fear I've had and that's why I have never dated anybody. I've never tried to make friends first. I'm lucky I even have Mikey.

When we met, she just complimented my bracelet and we started talking. We were 7 at the time. Ever since, she's been my person.

Now I'm sitting here, thinking we could be more. We could be more if I could just say it to her, tell her, but I'm a coward. That's why Mikey is one of my only friends. Its why if I lose her, I will shut down.

I sit up. I have to do it. I have to prove I'm not a coward. To myself. To her. To everybody around me.

If I don't tell her today, I doubt I ever will.

I grab my shoes and a hoodie putting them on as I look at the time. I have some time to get there before she boards.

Will she listen?

As I tie my shoes, my thoughts start telling me 'don't go'. Maybe I'm in over my head.

No, I have to do this!

I stand up and sprint out my room and down the stairs, tripping as I go down. I've got this. I'll tell my best friend that I love her.

I grab my keys, practically bursting out the front door. Its now or never.

Mikey's POV

Sitting here, I'm starting to have second thoughts. Not about acting. I love it so much.

I'm having second thoughts about not telling Y/N. I've been meaning to tell her that I like her. No, I love her.

Its too late to tell her, even if I wanted to. What if I told her yesterday? What if she reciprocated that feelings?

I just wish she was here right now. I would tell her and maybe I could fly her with me.

I plop down on a chair, waiting for my flight to be called. I grab my phone out, thinking about texting Y/N. I should tell her. Maybe when I get ba-

"Mikey!" I hear someone behind me, panting as footsteps become closer and closer.

I turn my head, seeing her. Y/N. I stare at her, not believing my eyes. She's here, like she read my mind.

She gets closer until she flies over the chair next to me. She face plants into the floor, everybody around her staring.

I chuckle as I stand, looking at her with a lovingly look. She's adorable.

Y/N POV

I look up and see Mikey staring at me. I blush a little under her gaze. I sit up and look around, noticing all the gazes that are on me. I stare at the ground, embarrassed slightly. This might've been a bad idea.

A soft hand comes into view, offering to help. I look up and see that the hand belongs to my best friend.

I grab her hand and she helps me up. I stare into her eyes and she smiles.

"Something seems important if you had to dive face first into he ground." She laughs a little.

"Oh, yeah. I just didn't want to run into the chair." I tell her and she smirks.

"You'd rather face plant than run into a chair?" She asks me and I nod.

"You're cute." She smirks and my eyes widen.

"Th-Thanks." I stare at my shoes, not wanting her to see my red face.

"Wait, I said that out loud?" She asks me, a slight nervousness in her voice that wasn't their before.

I nod and look up, seeing her face is just as red as mine.

"I had to tell you something before you leave." I mumble out and she looks at me questioningly.

"What's up Y/N?" My breath starts shaking.

"What I'm about to say could change our friendship dynamic. Just, promise me we won't change for the worst." I tell her and her smile falls.

"Of course. I can't imagine my life without you." She grabs my hands, interlocking our fingers.

"I....I'm in love with you. I have been for years. I had to tell you so I-" She kisses me, pulling me close.

The kiss is full of passion and built up want for each other. I can't help, but reciprocate those emotions.

She lets go of my hands, pulling me into her by my neck. I put my hands around her lower back as we kiss.

She pulls away from me, smiling at me.

"I was hoping that was the case." She tells me and I smile back.

"I was so scared." I mumble and hide my face into her neck.

"I bet. You don't do well with that type of thing. I'm proud of you." I smile wide at that.

"Thank you. It means so much to hear that from you." I say against her skin.

Her breath hitches and I smirk a little.

"I have a question." She pulls my face up to look at her.

"Anything." I whisper to her.

"Go with me. If my flight is full, get on the next flight. I want you with me through this." She tells me.

"Yes!! Of course. Wait, I need to pack-"

"You can wear my clothes and we'll buy you stuff over there." Mikey kisses me.

"Okay." I whisper against her lips.

I made the best decision of my life.

I hope this wasn't too short. I had to make it quick so I could get something out. I hope y'all liked it because this took a lot of thought not gonna lie.