Chapter 2: The Unexplained Phenomenon

All of them in the room realized something, even Nahru realized it too. If they want the food they have to fight him or die. Nahru chuckled realizing how stupid he was to not keep his guard up in this situation. The signs were there, he just needed to see it.

Only one picked up the weapon to try and fight him and maybe succeed. He started running towards him only for him to get kicked back into a wall. More start to go after him, one after another they all down. Expect for one who knows better to challenge a trained ninja.

Everybody knows to never challenge a ninja, especially one trained to be an assassin on top of that. So instead she unties him only for a bunch of AI’s to start walking in with weapons of some kind. Everyone was scared, they knew what was happening.

But the AIs weren't the only ones that were armed. It only took one to start the fight. It seems even housewives can do more than take care of kids. As more and more AIs went down, the villagers were gaining confidence in the fight. Okay I know you weren't thinking about AIs but they are tryna take over the world as of now.

As the fighting continues in the background, Nahru bands off to find the person responsible. He searches and searches until he finds him packing his stuff and destroying computers to cover his tracks. Just as he was leaving, Nahru was standing in the doorway with a shuriken.

“Do you know how cliche that was really? Clone AIs, kidnapping a village, and then using them to try to take over the world. You could have done better than that.” Nahru says getting closer to him. The man starts stuttering offering him whatever he wants.

“Your offer sounds tempting really but I have a job to do so if you don’t mind.” Nahru says, pushing the camera out the way. “For those that are squeamish. Gotta be respectful.” Nahru says removing the blood from his shuriken and walking out.

As Nahru gets prepared to leave, he gets stopped by the villagers as they thank him for saving them. Nahru leaves the village with 3,000 dollars in his bank account and maybe even a new career after this.

Back to our blue headed vampire pirate, each week before he goes to get drunk and plan his adventure. He sits in front of the ocean each week with a new gift. One week it was a shell necklace, next week it was barrels of alcohol, and the third week was seafood.

Each one got denied except for the seafood because he ate it. The more he tried the more he grew impatient. Until one day, Dia woke up and went to the ocean instead of a gifts he talked to the ocean. He sat there telling all his stories from when he was a kid.

“So instead of her admitting to breaking the vase. My sister blames it on the stars, saying they got mad and broke the vase.” Dia says, chuckling at the memory. “And you would believe my dad didn’t believe her for a minute.” Dia says continuing to tell him stories.

Before he can tell another story, the water starts bubbling and glowing a lighter blue. Dia being the black person he is, starts backing up and away from the water. The closer the water gets the farther Dia wished to be until the water drags him like they were his friends on the other side if you know you know.

Dia starts trying to cry for help only to be suffocated by water filling his lungs and limbs being tied behind his back. The water continues to drag him deeper and deeper underwater. Till he was placed in a golden palace, fish guards holding him up to a burly man with a giant fork?

“I am Neptune, King of Atlantis. You have been-” the burly man starts only for him to be interrupted by Dia’s laughing. “I’m sorry I’m sorry, I don’t mean to laugh I really don’t but do you realize how idiotic you sound.” Dia says, laughing more. The fish guard holds a spear to his throat which makes Dia give him a glare.

The glare sends shivers down the guard's spine. If his stare could kill, that fish would be fried. Neptune clears his throat catching everybody’s attention except for Dias. Neptune continues to say “You have been trying to give my wife the sea gifts. So for that I CHALLENGE YOU A FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!” Dia looks at him like he was stupid but accepted.

The guards drag him down to cells so they can prepare the pit for the fight. Dia sits in his cell patiently waiting. Dia starts singing a sea shanty to pass the time. “We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot. Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho! We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho!”

The more he sings the curiouser the ocean gets. When Dia stops his singing though and opens his eyes. He sees something he wouldn’t expect. A lady appears in front of him curious about him. “How can I help you, pretty lady?” Dia says, giving her a smile.

She gets closer to the cell till she’s slipping through the bars. She cups his face staring at his teeth. ‘So sharp’ she thinks, she moves to his hands and arms ‘Different colors and waves in between’ she then moves to his eyes. Her face lights up when she sees the different colors.

“Your eyes. Why are they different?” She asks, her voice sounding gurgled but sweet. “Was born like this. Almost my entire family has it like this.” Dia states wondering who’s the lady kinda coping a field on him. She continues to stare into his eyes until she smiles and leaves.

Dia, still curious about the situation, tries to get a visual of where she went only for him to see no trail of her. He sits back in his cell closing his eyes hoping for her return. As the hours went on with nothing to eat and nothing to drink besides air.

He opens his eyes when the light starts shining in front of his face. He looks in front of him to see the mystery lady there once again. Instead of being empty handed she has this whip. It has a gold and brown handle with a blue gemstone at the end and the tail was like the sea freely moving.

She gives him the whip for him to have. “Is this for me?” Dia asks and she shakes her head yes and shoves it in his hand. Just as she was about to say something the guards are coming to get Dia which makes her disappear. Dia hears them and hides the weapon as a bracelet.

The fish guards open the cells telling him to start walking. Dia obeys for the first time in his life. As he walked out the cell the guards realized how tall he truly was and how scary he was with only one blacked out eye.

“S-start walking!” The one yells in front of him with a spear pointed at him. Dia starts walking towards the direction of the guards. They continue the journey till they reach this pit.