Animalistic

Story Synopsis - Kaira Malhotra, 23, an independent girl, belongs from a rich and affluent background. Lives happily alone for the past ten years now. Parents are separated yet not divorced. Doesn't share a very healthy relationship with her father. After her dad's death, her mother blames her for her husband's death, all in frustration. Kiara hadn't talked to her dad since the last ten years and till the time he died.

Yourself as Kaira, & Shubman Gill is your boyfriend.

Song recommendation- Jaan Nisaar & Aaj ke baad

-----

(Y/N) Kaira's POV:

"You failed as a daughter Kaira, you failed as a daughter! May God never forgive you for your deeds, may you never ever find peace. I am shameful that you are my daughter. I hate to call you my child now. You killed him Kaira, you killed him. I HATE YOU. KAIRA MALHOTRA. I HATE YOU. How can someone be so inhuman to not talk to a man even when you knew he was dying. He could have lived a few days more only if you had talked to him. Just go from here now and never ever show me your fucking face again."

My mom's words echo screamed in my ears. My mind replayed all the last month's visuals in my head. I had no contact with my mother from the last month since the funeral.

She thinks that it was me who was at fault and not her husband who died of overdose of alcohol. Yes, it is true that I didn't exchange a single word with him for the past ten years, because for me he was dead ten years back itself.

I wore my bathrobe and came out of my bathroom after a relaxing hot shower.
I decided to have some breakfast after I did my morning routine & had some cereals for breakfast.

Only I know how much I missed my mum. I have no one else to call family now except my boyfriend Shubman. It hurts, it really does. Not that Shubman won't take care of me if I feel low or alone, but I don't like to trouble him.
Decided to check if my mom has yet unblocked me or not. I dos pick up my phone to check WhatsApp, but just couldn't do it. So kept my phone back on the bed.

Depression & anxiety took the best over me by the time I took my first spoon off my cereal, it was my favourite cereal. My mom used to feed it to me when I used to be young. I had a sudden anxiety attack & just cried my heart out. I really started feeling that now there was no life ahead for me. Thought su!cide was the only option. I took a blade out of my drawer & cut my wrist. Suddenly my vision started to blur out.

End of Kaira's POV

SHUBMAN POV :

It had been a month since Kairu's dad's death. I could sense she was not okay. I knew she was in depression. I even tried to heal her and cheer her up many times. Even insisted her to shift into my flat. But she didn't listen. Suddenly I sensed something's going wrong. I called Kaira up but she didn't answer. So decided to visit her. Took some fresh flowers bouquet for her, just to cheer her up a bit and drove away to her flat.

I reached her flat and rung the doorbell. She didn't open the door, so I knocked on and ring the doorbell again. This time worry & fear of losing her took the best over me & I opened her door with a spare key that I had of her flat.

I stepped in and called out for her.

Shubman: Kairaaaa my darlingg !! Baby look who's here..

Shubman: Kaira, baby enough of games now where are you.

I called her and followed her phone's ringtone. It took me to her bedroom. There she was standing towards her big glass window with back facing me. Maine she was enjoying the morning view of the city.

Shubman: peek a boo! Babe look what I got for you! But why were you not receiving my calls??
You know how worried I was about you?! Accha baba just look here atleast na.

She turned but she looked a bit weird like a lifeless doll. I went closer to her and kissed her forehead. I took her hands in my hands and was about to say something when I felt something wet.

That's when I felt that my soul left my body.
My Kaira had tried to commit suicide. Her wrist of her left hand was cut deep and had her blood on it her finger held the blade she cut her wrist with. Downside on the carpet of her room was a pool of blood. She collapsed in my arms. I couldn't think of anything else right now. I carried her in bridal style and we rushed to the hospital.

-----___________

Stay tuned for the next part. It's gonna be oh so good I promise.