Chapter 18

Jax's P.O.V.

We talked most of the morning, talking about anything and everything. He was the sweetest person, and not as scary I first thought he was.

Around lunch time, Silas came and knocked on the door. Dawson grunted, pulling me closer to his body, if that was even possible. His muscles were so hard yet so comfortable.

"Dawson, are you awake?" Silas asked after receiving no response.

"No," Dawson grunted out, causing me to let out a small snort. I quickly covered my mouth when I realized Silas could hear me.

"Jax?" He asked, uncertainty in his voice. "Y-yeah," I answered, looking at Dawson for reassurance. Dawson looked annoyed at being interrupted, not even caring the slightest that we were caught.

Without another word, Silas walked in, confusion clear as day on his face. "Whats going on?" He questioned. Dawson completely ignored him, squeezing me tighter against him.

"Dawson's my mate," I whispered. I wasn't sure how he would take it.

A look of shock replaced his confusion before a frown appeared on his face. I clutched onto Dawson's shirt, needing to be comforted.

"Thats... unexpected," He said, mostly to himself though. "Can you leave? Your scents mixing with my mates," Dawson growled out, annoyance on his face. I blushed at him calling me his mate. I could tell he was being possessive.

"Right... let's talk about this later," Silas said, almost as though he was lost in thought as he left the room and quietly closed the door behind him.

"I don't like that you mated with them," Dawson whispered. Guilt and pain twisted in my gut.

"But I know you love them, and a mate bond won't erase those feelings," Dawson sighed, breathing in my scent. My eyes widened in hope.

"Does that mean..." I asked, not being able to finish the sentence. "Yeah, we'll figure something out." He whispered. I could tell he didn't like the thought of sharing me, but I needed them just as much as I needed him.

"Thank you... so much," I whispered as I hugged him tightly. "You have no idea how much that means to me," I said, a happy smile on my face.

"Jax," Dawson said but then shook his head. "Never mind," I didn't push since it seemed like something he wasn't ready to talk about yet.

"I think we should go eat now," I whispered, running my hand through his hair. He grunted but showed no signs of moving.

"Come on, you missed dinner yesterday, you need to eat something," I said, trying to escape from his arms. He grunted again, holding me tighter.

"I don't want you leaving my bed," He whispered in my ear. I blushed at his comment and pushed his face away.

He smiled at me, a heart stopping gorgeous smile, and finally let me go with a sigh. That didn't last long before he sat up and pulled me into his lap.

"Dawson!" I gasped, even though I made no move to try and escape.

"Wear my clothes," He grunted out. "That's the only way you're leaving this room." He said with no room for argument. I wasn't complaining though. The thought of him claiming me, sent butterflies to my stomach.