Chapter 17

Jax's P.O.V.

I woke up to Chase's empty bed. I sighed as I threw my heavy arm to the other side of the bed, feeling whether the sheets were cold or not, and cold they were.

He must've went to make breakfast like usual. I with he would just stay with me, so I could see him as the first thing when I wake up. I sighed and say up. I need to go to my room to change.

On my way to my room, I smelled a soft minty cherry smell. It smelled delicious. Almost as if I was in a trance, I started following the scent, letting my nose guide me.

As soon as I seen where the source of the smell was coming from, my wolf was prancing around my head, screaming 'mate!'

I looked at the bed, which held the unconscious Dawson. This could not be happening right now.

I didn't want to be too involved with him, even if he did help me out with getting a pack, something about him just screamed dominant, but now my wolf is acting like a nut job and all he wants is to be fucked hard and dominated by our mate.

I stood at the foot of his bed, uncertain on what to do. Every fiber of my body wanted to climb in his bed, and press every inch of myself against him, while my brain was telling me not to.

I glanced between his figure and the door multiple times before sighing and deciding to lay with him.

Sparks immediately erupted where our skin met. I smiled softly, snuggling into his back. I never knew I could feel this safe and relaxed before.

But if we're mates, what happens with Silas and them? Do I have to stop seeing them? The thought broke my heart. I loved them so much, I didn't want to think of a life without them a part of it.

I didn't realize a small whimper left my lips, until I felt Dawson's back tense from in front of me, in turn, causing me to tense too.

"Jax?" He asked, his voice hoarse and rough from just waking up. In all honesty, he sounded sexy as fuck. The thought sent blood rushing straight down to my member.

"Y-yeah," I whimpered, a blush covering my face. Uncertainty hit me when he didn't say anything else. I waited, and finally, he turned around and faced me.

I stared into his eyes, entranced by the beauty of them. His hand came up and gently brushed the side of my cheek, causing an eruption of sparks to tickle my cheek. I rubbed my head against his hand, wanting more.

"You're beautiful," He whispered, staring into my eyes as if he could see my soul.

I blushed, smiling at the compliment. I'm glad he doesn't seem like he's going to reject me.

"Are we um... together... now?" I whispered. I was hopeful of course.

"Of course, why wouldn't we be?" He asked, confused.

"I uh I didn't think you really liked me, so I thought you'd reject me and be disappointed that it was me," I rambled on, fidgeting with my fingers nervously.

He cupped my cheek gently, pulling me flushed against him by my waist. "You're perfect for me, we're equals love, mates, I couldn't be more happy," He smiled. I almost felt like crying tears of joy at that, but that would be too embarrassing.