G~ Ghost

[Non–death eater AU– Voldemort, who's he?]

It was a quiet night in the Rosier Manor, the only noises being the scampering of the house elves, trying to clean the house before the morning came.

Barty and Evan were in their bedroom in the west of the Manor. The room was different shades of green. There were pictures scattered across the walls– ones of both men on their own, them through their school years, their wedding day, and various others.

Evan woke up suddenly, entwined in his husband's arms. Barty's head was on his chest as he slept soundly. Evan glanced over to their bedroom door to find it open. Apon further glances, he spotted a small figure in the doorway. There stood his niece, clutching a small lamp tightly, casting shadows on the wall.

"Hmm... Luna? What are you doing here?" Evan groaned, squinting at the light. Luna toddled over to the edge of the bed. She placed her small hand on Evan's shoulder.

"I can't sleep. There's a ghost in my room, Evie." She squeaked, her long blonde hair falling over her eyes.

Evan's gaze softened as he looked at her through sleepy eyes. He sighed.

"Alright, I'll go and check. You can wait here with Uncle Barty, okay?"

Luna nodded, removing her hand so that Evan could get up. Evan gently moved Barty to the side, where he continued to sleep.

As Evan headed to the door, he was stopped by Luna, grabbing his hand.

"Be careful, Evie." She said. She looked as though she might burst into tears. Evan crouched down and gave her a hug.

"I'll be fine, Luna. I'm big and strong, aren't I? I'll scare the ghost away!"

Luna giggled at this. She then tiptoed back over to the bed, where she had been standing previously.

Evan left the room and entered the corridor. Three doors down was Luna's room– Pandora's old one. It was pale blue in colour, with the odd splashes of pink and purple. There were clouds painted onto the wall and stars painted on the roof. There was a strange noise coming from somewhere in the room.  Not a scary noise, but an odd one.

He walked around the room, searching for the cause of the sound. He soon found the culprit– a branch from the outside tree that was scratching against the window due to the late night wind.
He cast a silencing charm on the window and left the room again. He was eager to get Luna back to bed quickly so that he could go back to sleep. He was feeling cold without the warmth of Barty beside him.

He walked down the short fraction of the corridor but found no Luna waiting for him. He became confused and worried. Pandora had just forgiven him for losing her the first time, he can't lose her again.

He rushed into their room and a sense of relief washed over him. There was Luna, fast asleep in their bed. She was cuddled up against Barty. Evan sighed and smiled softly. He clambered back into bed and wrapped himself up the little duvet he had left.

He fell asleep gazing lovingly at his cute niece and beautiful husband, thinking about how lucky he was and how much he'd love to have this for his own.

Word count: 556