Call It What You Want

Over the next few weeks I start to become closer with the team. Compared to Spirit this team wasn't just a team but a family. I would join Beth and Viv for dinner every night, go out for coffee with Katie, Kim would host dinner parties, Alessia, Vic and I would go out to dinner and Kyra.... Kyra and I continued to spend any chance we could together. She was one of my best friends. We would explore London together as we were both new to the city, we would go to one of our apartments after a home game and would watch some sort of Disney movie. We would carpool together and train together whenever goalkeepers combined with the team.

However as October continued on so did my time on the bench. Jonas kept telling me I would play but it hasn't happened yet. Luckily National camp was coming up and I would actually see game time. That also meant I would see all my friends I left back home, Trinity, Ash, Naomi, Alyssa, Soph and Kristie. Kristie wasn't just a teammate but family at this point. When Kristie found out that my Dad wasn't present in my life and my mother passed away she immediately brought me into the Mewis family, bringing me to holidays back in Boston.

"I can't wait to see you" Kristie says to me during a FaceTime leading up to camp

"I'll be glad to actually be playing"

"Is it really that bad?"

"It's not the worst, I know I'm in one of the best clubs in the world but it's just disappointing I uprooted myself from everything I've know to get this big opportunity and I haven't even touched the grass yet"

"I do have people telling me that you're making friends though"

"Yeah" I think of Kyra

"What friend got you all smiley" Kristie teases through the phone

"No one"

"Ev don't lie to me, I'm friends with multiple Australians that live in London"

"Ok fine it's Kyra, don't tell anyone though it's just my stupid feelings. Besides I don't think she has any for me"

"Of course she likes you Ev. You're talented and hot and one of the nicest people I know"

"Stop feeding into my delusions" I say as seriously as I can

"Bye Ev, don't be a pussy. Love you see you soon!"

And with that Kristie hangs up on me.

~

It was the final training session before I would fly back to America. Jonas decided to have a lighter practice so we all found ourselves playing a tournament of two touch. I was with Beth and Katie and we were dominating. We had played 3 teams already and won easily. I think it was the competitive nature that we all carried. We made our way to the final, a match between Lotte, Alessia and Kim. The game was even, both of the teams not backing down without a fight.

Match point came and the ball was bouncing back and forth until Katie hit the ball too far behind me.

"SHIT" she screamed not caring that the coaching staff was there along with the media team filming.

Something took over me, a goalkeeper I launched myself into the hair kicking my bottom foot up. A freaking bicycle kick during a game of two touch from a keeper.

I have no idea if it was an actual good kick or the other team was confused on how I just pulled that off the ball was shanked out of bounds.

I'm still on the ground when Katie and Beth topple on top of me.

"YES EVIE" Beth laughs

I was pulled up and started laughing too. I rushed over to the media team to watch.

"I look so stupid oh my god." I say embarrassed

"Such a try hard" Alessia says coming over giving me a shove.

"You're just mad you lost Less" Kyra fights back as she had also made her way to our little huddle

"You didn't even win Kyra! Why are you getting into this" Less jokes back at her

"I'm always on Evie's team" she says wrapping her arms around my shoulders while sticking her tounge out at the English girl.

~

Short chapter, I have a few things planned out but if anyone has anything they want to see happen let me know!