Chapter 2 - New Friends

The Hogwarts Express whistled loudly, a cloud of billowing, white smoke poured out from the funnel and engulfed the both new and old witches and wizards below. Students hung out compartment windows, straining their arms as they eagerly waved goodbye to their proud parents, elated voices and shrieks of excitement echoed throughout the station, adding to the chaotic atmosphere.
Sirius Black and his sister, Evening, boarded the train with huge grins on their faces, not even bothering to turn back and wave to their not so proud parents.

As the two children made their way down the train, they chatted happily about all the wonderful things that Hogwarts promised; Adventure, Friends, Magic and most importantly the start to their future. Evening was so busy thinking about all the pranks she could pull, that she didn't see a tall boy with piercing green eyes and light brown hair walking in the opposite direction and heading straight for her. They collided, and being the smallest of the two, Eve fell onto the floor with a huff.
"Hey! Watch where you're going you great big mountain troll!" Eve glared up at the offender but when she saw the boy she blushed and quickly stood up.

"I- ur... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that, I guess I can get carried away sometimes." She laughed nervously.

The boy smiled kindly at her, "No you're right, I am awfully clumsy. I'm Remus, Remus Lupin and I'm sorry I knocked you over, I hope you're alright."

Sirius frowned at the boy who was staring at his sister, stepping infont of Eve he puffed out his chest,
"She's fine thanks. I'm Sirius Black and this is my twin sister, Evening."

"I prefer Eve though." She said bluntly, pushing Sirius back.

"Well Sirius and Eve have you found a compartment yet because you're welcome to share mine. Although you'd also be sharing with a boy called James Potter but he's alright." He shrugged his shoulders.

"No than-"

Sirius began to object but Evening gave him a sharp nudge with her elbow,
"Yes that would be great thank you." Eve looked at her slightly older brother pointedly. She didn't understand why he was so unwilling to befriend this boy.

It turned out that the boy named 'James' was actually very friendly, and flirtatious as he greeted Eve with a "Hey sweetness", much to Sirius's outrage, but before long Sirius, James and Lupin were laughing and joking like they had known each other for years.

"So you two are twins Huh? That's weird because Eve I have to say, you're much prettier than your brother." James laughed and winked at Eve. She laughed back although she knew that he was only joking; in fact, in the two hours that had passed they had learnt that James seemed to like a girl named Lily, who happened to be in the same year as them.

"Yeah I'm not sure what happened there, maybe he's secretly adopted?" Eve nudged her brother playfully.

"No my dear sister, if anyone was to be adopted I can assure you it would be you. Our parents must have taken you from a family of trolls. Maybe they took pity on your ugly face..."

Eve rolled her eyes dramatically and continued to stare out of the trains large window, the scenery rushed passed in a blur of colour, the large steam locomotive raced wildly along the iron track, closing the gap between its destination every second.

"I wonder what it's like Siri, Hogwarts I mean. Gosh I'm nervous."
She turned her mysterious grey eyes to focus on the three boys,

James looked puzzled, "What are you nervous about? If it's about missing home we get letters and stuff from our parents, and we get to come home for the holidays."

The two twins looked at each other darkly, they doubted very much that they would get any kind of letter from home, except maybe a howler...

"No trust me, I couldn't be more thrilled about leaving home. In fact I'm dreading going back, Sirius do you suppose Mother would insist on our coming home for Christmas, because to be quite frank, I don't think I can survive another darling family reunion."

Sirius looked at his younger sister gently, despite her airy attitude toward the rest of their family he knew that Evening longed for the perfect family who loved and accepted her no matter what, and more importantly, a loving Mother.

"It will be fine E, don't worry." Remus patted Eve's hand reassuringly.

"E? Since when did you give my sister a nickname?" Sirius raised a unimpressed eyebrow at Lupin and he immediately let go of Eve's hand.

Before Remus had a chance to explain his choice of nickname the compartment door flew open with a loud whoosh and crash. Stood hunched in the doorway was a short, plump boy who constantly checked behind him, as if something, or someone, was about to attack him at any given time.

"I-I'm sorry to interrupt but I was wo-wondering if I could share this compartment with you. I would share one with my friends but well... I don't really have any."

Remus shuffled up closer to the window so that the boy who stood quivering in his own boots could sit down.
"Of course Peter, how was your summer? Everyone this is Peter Pettigrew, he is also starting Hogwarts this year."

The children all nodded their Hello's and introduced themselves. It was awkward at first, this new boy seemed very timid and maybe even a little sly, but as the minuets ticked by, the five of them were back to chatting animatedly to one another and Evening decided that she didn't mind this boy, Peter, even if he was a little sickly.

During some point of the remaining journey, Eve drifted off into a light sleep against someone's, she wasn't quite sure who's, shoulder. She awoke a few hours later to someone shaking her lightly.

"Hey sleeping beauty wake up, your castle awaits." It was James and he pointed excitedly out of the window.

Eve gasped as she saw what she had waited her whole life to see.
Stood, proud and tall, perched atop a mountain, was Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Its many windows sparkling in the starry sky, and its vast concrete walls looked like the safest place on earth. She could hardly believe what she was seeing and was about to pinch herself to see if she was dreaming...when Sirius did it for her.

"Ow! What was that for?" She swatted at her brothers hand impatiently.

"I knew you would do something stupid like that so I thought I would do it for you. We're twins, weird telepathic connection remember?" He winked at her and in return she punched his arm.

"Whatever, let's just get off this train, I'm dying to see what it looks like inside."

The five children exited the train and stood along the platform in a line, each marvelling at the castles beauty. Each thinking of their future and each thinking of the trouble that they could cause in a place like this...

****************************************************************
A.N.
Yay! Finally a second chapter!
Well what did you guys think? Gosh I hope this was okay, if not I'm sorry.
Not that anyone will reply but who do you want Eve to be with?
Lupin?
Or some other dashing gentleman that will appear.
If you have any ideas leave a comment below or message me your character description/idea.
Don't forget to vote and comment!
Thanks for reading! Have a magical day ^_^
-M