Chapter One - A New Beginning

"Evening Belladonna Black!" Her mother screeched wildly, "How many times do I have to tell you, do not lock your little brother in the basement!"
Evening sighed and rolled her eyes, she didn't want another lecture from her mother,
"About as many times as I have done it obviously." Eve said cooly. She stood in the centre of the grand drawing room of the Black house and pulled at her new school robes impatiently, all she wanted to do was get on the Hogwarts Express with Sirius and never see her parents or whiney little brother for a whole year.

Her mother sat, looking exhausted, in the velvet chair behind the huge oak desk, staring at Evening with undisguised rage.
"I don't understand why you misbehave so much Evening! Just wait until I tell your Father about this! Why can't you be more like your darling cousin Bellatrix?"

Evening rolled her eyes for a second time, "What, you mean insane?"

"Do not talk about you cousin in that way! I will not have you soiling the name of this family, do you hear me?" Mrs Black swelled in anger as she stared at her daughter in front of her.

"As you wish Madame." Then Eve mockingly bowed and turned to the door.
Before she opened it she spun round to her mother and said nonchalantly,
"Oh and Mother darling, please don't use my full name. I would prefer Eve; Evening will suffice but Belladonna is just insulting."

Her mother gasped in outrage at her words, Evening knew that playing the name card was a quick and easy way to upset her mother, so before she was faced with the full wrath of Wallburga Black, Eve skipped off upstairs to find her elder brother, of two minuets mind you, Sirius.
She found him, many floors up, in his large, spacious room trying desperately to close the lid of his school trunk, she laughed at the sight of him as he furiously bounced on the lid and muttered curses under his breath.

"You know you can only fit a certain amount of things in there right?" She teased him. Sirius and Eve were extremely close but not just because they were twins; the two Black children both shared a hatred for the remainder of their family, their family who were prejudice against muggle-borns, hailed from the Slytherin House and looked down upon anyone and anything that didn't follow their 'rules'.

"Yes well obviously, dipstick." He rolled his big grey eyes at his sister and then hopped off the lid of his trunk, "What did you say to the old witch this time? I could hear the shouting from up here", he raised a knowing eyebrow at her.

Evening's also big grey eyes, which were heavily painted with black eyeliner and mascara, widened with false innocence.
"Why, what makes you think that I did anything wrong, Brother Mine? I am a sweet and innocent young lady!" She batt her long eyelashes teasingly.
Sirius snorted with amusement, "Lady? A mountain troll has more class than you little sister." The two of them laughed at this.

"Whatever Siri. Now, come out the way so I can fix this mess."

Sirius moved quickly out the way of his excited sister, she was just a ball of pure energy and it was dangerous to be in her way when she was in one of her moods. Evening took a running jump and landed on top of Sirius' trunk with a thud and a "oomph".

"Quick! Lock it silly," She cried as the overflowing trunk threatened to explode and throw her off into the air.

A few minutes later the two of them were collapsed side by side on the bed giggling uncontrollably and red with exhaustion.
Evening stopped laughing and stared at the ceiling which was painted a dull cream colour, with brown tree branches, flecked with gold that swirled in unrecognisable patterns.

"Sirius?" She whispered.
"Hmm?"
"I don't want to be in Slytherin"
Her brother turned on his side to look at her, he frowned with concern.
He said, more serious now, "Evening our blood doesn't determine what kind of people we are. Your a good person Eve and I know that whatever happens you will always be a good person. No matter what"

Evening said sadly, "Never leave me Siri."
"Never." Replied Sirius, quietly.

Eve smiled at Sirius, "Thanks bro"
"Now what'd ya say we go and start a new chapter of our dismal lives?" She grinned at him mischievously.

With this, Sirius jumped up, dragging his sister and his trunk with him.
"I say, here's to a new beginning!"
They both cheered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A.N.
Well that was the first chapter of 'Twins at Hogwarts' I hoped you enjoyed it! Sorry if it was really bad it's going to take me a while to get used to the characters!
Thank you so much for reading please Comment, Vote and Share!
-Molly ^_^