The reaping

I woke up to my little sister prim crying in the arms of Katniss.
Today was the day of the reaping and prim has been worried all week " willow" prim calls as she sees me.
I walk over to her knowing that she's had that dream again she immediately hugs me and starts sobbing into my shoulder.
We sit there for about ten minutes just hugging "prim, I would never let you go into those games I love you so much"
"But what if I am reaped" she sniffles taking her head out of my shoulder "then I'll volunteer."
I tell her she needs to get ready and not to worry about the reaping as I go to get ready myself.

"Prim" Katniss calls her to come over and hands her a gold mockingjay pin "keep this for good luck and tuck that tail in little duck" as she tucks in prims shirt.
"Where did you get that pin?" I ask Katniss "some lady in the market gave it to me" I nodded and we left for the reaping.

Everywhere I look mothers and fathers were sobbing hugging their children and holding hands with worried looks on their faces, I mean who wouldn't be worried it was almost certain death for anyone who was reaped.

"You didn't tell me there were going to be needles" prim glanced at my worryingly "hey don't worry it's only a pinch" I say as Katniss nods "okay" I hug prim and tell her I'll see her later and not to worry as me and Katniss head over to our areas with the older kids.
Katniss is 16 so she is a bit behind me since I'm 15.
After a little while everyone was ready and a lady came on stage "eh hem" she tapped the mic
"Welcome to the 74th annual hunger games!" How can anyone be that cheerful about slaughter "I have a very special video brought to you all the way from the capitol" I rolled my eyes as if anyone were to believe this bull shit.

When the video came to an end she tapped the mic again "I just love that, don't you?" She stood there awkwardly as nobody even showed a slight sign of liking that stupid video she clears her throat "well as usual we start with the girls" a few suspenseful moments of her swirling her pale hand around the glass bowl came to an end when she pulled out a small paper.
She slowly opened the paper when she clears her throat once again and announcing "Primrose Everdeen" my heart dropped as my sister's name rolled off her tongue.
I know Katniss would be thinking the same thing so without second thought I shout "I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!" There were a few gasps throughout the crowd and everyone looks at me I start walking out into the isle and walking towards prim she's crying.

She starts sobbing " go find Katniss prim"
I start walking towards the stage and I can hear prims struggles with the guards.
I slowly walk up the steps of the stage and I catch the eye of my sisters and mum there all crying I was pulled out of my trance when the lady on the stage speaks
"I bet my hat that was your sister"
I shudder "yes" I speak into the microphone a single tear falling down my eye.
"Well last but not least the boys"
She walks over to the boys bowl picking quicker than she did with the girls "Peeta Mellark" I recognised his name but I'm not sure where from.
I look at the crowd seeing they had slightly moved as a boy with slicked back hair walks out.
He was the bakers boy.
He slowly walks up to the stage not daring to look at anyone he looked terrified "there you have it this years tributes" everyone stayed silent "well shake hands then" I shake his hand he was a sweet boy he doesn't deserve this neither dose anyone else.

Me and Peeta are escorted inside to separate rooms guessing for family to say goodbye.
Will prim and Katniss be okay while I'm gone, how will mum hold up, I can't leave them my thoughts were interrupted when someone burst through the doors crying my name I knew it was prim.
She hugs me "don't go" she cries my heart shattered into have to nobody has a choice at the games I just hug her tighter. She breaks away here she hands me the gold mockingjay badge "for good luck" I look up to see Katniss on the verge of tears she was never the type of girl to cry I hug her "you have to look after prim and mum" she nods "I will" I see a stay tear fall down her cheek I smile at her "don't worry about me" I walk over to mum and look at her she's a mess her cheeks are soaked with tears as I hug her I don't say anything just hug her.
Then I turn around and look at prim again "you have to win willow" "I promise and I'll come back with loads of money enough to buy us a better house and enough food for us to eat" I look at her and she hugs me one last time " I don't need all of that I just want you to come home safe" I pull away and smile then the guards come in and pull them out the door all I can hear is prim screaming my name begging me to stay.

Ten minutes later the guards come back in the room and tell me it's time to leave.
I follow them walking past all my people most of them putting three fingers up in the air I try not to cry again knowing the chance I have of winning these games but I have to for prim and Katniss.

_____________________________________

HELLOOOOO
welcome to my first book don't be surprised is the wringing is not the best I will try thank you for reading and the next chapter would be out soon!
This is not edited so if there are any
Mistakes please tell me!