f i f t y - f i v e

˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚🐚⋆ ༄ real life ❝

˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚🐚⋆ ༄ real life ❝. . .

"SLEEP WELL?" QUINN questioned in her now normal sing-song voice, except this time it held a mockery to it.

"Amazingly." I responded with a smile, taking a seat across from Marcus at the dining table. She raised her eyebrows, looking me up and down as anticipation contoured her face. "How about you?"

A sigh of relief exited from her mouth, her body physically relaxing to go along with it. "Well, I was sleeping amazingly. Probably best i've slept in a while. And then I heard the worst noise ever. It was repulsive."

Lando looked up from his phone at that, his eyes meeting mine with the same gobsmacked expression i had covering my face.

"Repulsive?" I pressed but with hesitation, unsure of what her response could be.

"Like screaming. It was crazy." She rolled her eyes before they met with mine, pointedly. "It was right after the worst nightmare as well so I was probably only convincing myself of it, of course. But still. Terrifying experience."

She concluded with a nod, leaning back into her seat to get a more comfortable position. With her head slightly in the light, I was able to catch a glimpse up the bags that lead underneath her eyes, quite obviously worse than they usually would be.

"That's disappointing." Lando shared his opinion as he himself slowly nodded. He placed his phone onto the table, a look in his eyes that I didn't like. I slowly began to shake my head and widen my eyes, giving him every possible silent signal I could to not press the matter even further. "What was the nightmare about?"

"Thank you for asking Lando! Pretty much-." Quinn began but was quick to get cut off by Marcus whom had walked in, a piece of buttered toast hanging in his hands.

"Let me guess, Ronald Mcdonald was chasing you in the parking lot, again, with a knife as you sat in the boot of Daniel's car with the door wide open?" He said with proudness, correctly stating a nightmare that she had prior to this. He came and sat next to me, his face covered in an almost slimy smile.

"Hey, don't bring me into this man." Daniel shouted from the kitchen before bursting out laughing. Quinn merely rolled her eyes, looking at Lando and me as if she were asking for permission to continue.

With another deep inhale, this time not from relief however, she leaned back forward, picking at the eggs on her plate. "No actually. It was a lot worse. I'm still scared about it right now and personally, I don't find that very funny.

"Anyways, I was in a parking lot and was trying to sleep in my car but people kept coming and waking me up to see if I was okay. So obviously gradually it annoys me since people are continually knocking on my car window. It's starting off slow. But then this guy walks up on me so as a result of everything else I'm prepping myself to have to tell him that everything is fine. I like wave him off but this guy just keeps coming at me. And then he opens my car door and grabs my phone. You want to know the worst bit? I couldn't move. I thought I was screaming and I could hear myself screaming but obviously I wasn't." She finished, concluding her longish rant with a deep exhale, her lungs full with air.

"I didn't hear any screaming." I commented as I stole the remainder of Marcus's toast straight from his hand.

"That must have been scary Quinn." Lando stated as he looked at her, his lips curled into themselves in a way that they would when a person was holding back laughter. "I can't imagine."

The seal his lips had created broke mid sentence, the laughter spilling out of him so loudly and quickly it took all four of us by shock.

"Wow. Obviously my terror is a laughing matter. I should've guessed." Quinn shook her head disapprovingly, making Marcus and I laugh slightly as well. Her face dropped even more, if that was even possible leaving her to abruptly stand up, the chair screaming in pain from her sudden movement. "Childish! The lot of you!"

"No Quinn! I'm sorry. That nightmare really isn't funny. You must have been-." I gave up on speaking, the laughter taking ahold of my body in a way it hadn't for a long while.

Marcus continued to laugh as well, his body hunched over as he continually slapped the arm of his chair or whatever was close enough to him, on multiple occasions that being my thigh.

"Frankly, I wouldn't laugh at you two being kidnapped. Because I care about your safety. Even if it was a dream. You could have been so scared that you needed a glass of water but it was dark so you couldn't exactly see where you were going. And maybe, just maybe, you might have tripped on the last few steps and hurt yourself quite a bit." Quinn was not amused in anyway, her voice holding an annoyance that a parent scolding their child would have.

"You fell down the stairs? I was wondering what that bang was." Adelina almost screamed out, the laughter also catching her as she slowly but surely slid down the wall next to her and onto the ground, her body rolling around with all the different stages of her laughter.

"I was lead there! On the floor! In pain!" Quinn's attempts in getting more sympathy failing miserably. The only thing they managed to accomplish was making us all laugh more. Tessa, Daniel and Charles also appeared from around the corner, hearing the loud laughter from across the hall.

"I'll have you know that I landed on my knees." Once again, her sentence only made it more funny. This time however, it made the three newbies laugh.

Lando's laughter subsided slightly, at least enough to allow him to speak through gasped breaths. "Quinn, you gotta stop! You are only making it a lot worse."

He was right. My stomach felt on fire, every muscle around it pleading for a break.

"You know, I lead there." Another scream.
"I was in so much pain! For minutes-." Yet another scream.
"For minutes I lead there on my side, and yes, I did fall off of my knees because of the pain I was feeling! I was hoping that someone would help me up as I was struggling to do so myself. But no. This is just making you all laugh! You all have a clear disregard for my pain."

Quinn began to walk away, leaving everyone in painful belly laughs. And yet she stopped, slowly spinning around with her pointer finger up. "And feelings."

She added on to her scold before actually walking away this time, her steps echoing into the hall which was soon followed by a voice. They seemed to talk for a minute before yet another laugh erupted from the person.

"She fell down the stairs!" Daniel barely managed to talk, his body hunched over as a huge smile was spread across his cheeks.

authors note- this is so bad and short but i haven't updated in almost a month (writers block) so pls bare with me on this, i'll likely edit it soon and then it will all be good.