Chapter 11. Making friends.

Everything was dark, the last thing I had seen was my body plummeting to the ground, or well, I thought that was what happened, but when I opened my eyes it was different. Instead of on the ground I was in someones arms, cradled softly while they were checking my injuries.

I looked at their face, pastel pink hair with ruby red eyes and an upset face. It was that Asmodeus guy, the one who tried fighting with me before. Luckily for me it seemed he caught me when falling.

He noticed I was awake, his eyes getting bigger. "Are you alright?" He asked me, seeming worried. I nodded slightly. "I think so." I responded, still in the guy's arms. "Thats good." He said as he stood up. I looked at the ground getting further away from me and kicked my feet in a panick. "Let me go!" I yelled, fearing I'd fall again. He let go off me, putting me on the ground.

"Thank you." I said, a bit embarrassed. "I don't know what came over me, I just panicked." I said, smiling slightly. He nodded. "That's fine, but don't run away again please, I'm already in trouble if they find out you ran." He said, sighing. "You are?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah, I probably am."

"But how would they find out?" I asked him. "Well.. you have a lot of injuries.." He said, looking at my neck. "I already had a lot, im sure they won't notice." I said, confident. "If we keep quiet neither of us will get in trouble!" I said, fearing he would tell my 'grandpa'. I really didn't want to push his buttons, if that man got angry, who knows what will happen to me? I wouldn't be going back home, thats for sure.

I shook slightly while recalling all the things that might happen. The pink haired sighed, his face in a  complicated mess, as if he didn't know whenever to tell his boss or not. Eventually he sighed. "Fine, but please don't do reckless things, master." Before sighing again.

"Thank you so much.." I said, looking at the trees around us. Then we started walking back, my body aching slightly. Eventually we got back on the main road, and then to the mansion where we sneaked into the side exit. We then continued walking in the corridor like nothing happened. Though eventually someone noticed us, Opera, wich was the person I wanted to see least right now.

"Hey there, Iruma and Asmodeus. Where were you guys? I've been searching for a few minutes now." He said, approaching us swiftly. "Oh, Asmodeus was giving me a tour.. right Asmodeus?" I asked, grinning. "Y-yeah we just finished." He then said. "I was showing him the corridors so he doesn't get lost tommorow.." Asmodeus said, seeming staley.

"Mhm mhm." Opera said in a playful tone. "So why does Iruma's neck have big a red marking?" Opera asked, getting closer to the two. "N-no reason." I said, laughing, covering up my neck. Im not just going to tell him I ran away and fell off a tree with a branch that hit my neck. Opera pried my hand away from my neck.

"Now be honest, what happened?" Opera asked me, his eyes staring down in my soul. I looked at Asmodeus for help. "We went into the weapon room and wanted to try out some of the weapons. So we took a few and brought them to the martial arts room. He grabbed the nunchucks and accedentally hit himself on the back of the neck." Asmodeus said, looking away from Opera.

Opera slowly nodded, not seeming to believe us but taking our word for it. "Alright then.. just know that if you try escaping next time the punishment won't be just going to classes.." He threatened, staring before looking away. He then waved, walking past us.

I let out a huge breath, unaware I was holding it in, Asmodeus did the same. I laughed nervously. "Haha, we did it, Asmodeus.." I said, looking at him. He smiled back. "I guess so." He said. "I thought he would surely notice.." He then added. I laughed some more.

You know, maybe this Asmodeus guy isn't so bad. He didn't hurt me, nor rat me out. I appreciate it. Asmodeus smiled back at me. "Also, call me Azz, lets quit the formalities, shall we?" He asked, I nodded. "Sure, Azz. Lets." I looked around the halls. "Is there a place to get food?" I asked, embarrassed, my stomach grumbling.

He nodded. "Would you like me to take you there, master?" He asked, so I went with him. He led me to the cafeteria, wich was pretty empty with the exception of a few men dressed in bloody garbs. I stood in the line with him, and he asked me what I'd like to eat. "You can't choose much from this board yet." He began. "The first year's tests start tomorrow after grabbing the books." He added. "After that you'll get a beginners rank of what they think fits you." He explained.

I nodded. "But doesn't that mean I can only choose 3 meals?" I whined. He nodded. "Sadly so." He said. "But im sure if I threaten the staff with a knife I could get you a grand meal!" He excitedly said. "N-no need.." I laughed, slightly scared. "Ill just take the 3 meals." I said, laughing.

"All three?" He asked.
"All three." I replied.

He then ordered, and we went to sit at a table, waiting for our food in mostly silence. When we got our food, I was finished in about two minutes, with Asmodeus not having eaten a thing, looking at me as if I was in the middle of killing someone, his mouth wide open, and his eyes big. Eventually he recognized he was staring and stopped, apologizing.

"Im sorry for staring, but you have quite the apatite." He said, smiling. "Greed, thats a good thing." He said proudly. It caught me a bit off guard, but I just smiled and laughed it off. I was still very hungry, but I wasn't about to tell him that. And so we left to get our books for our classes.

We roamed trough the halls, hearing screams get louder and louder from behind doors. I resented having to go in there and waited for Asmodeus to do so first. He peeked trough the door and looked at me. "Dont. Speak to her." He said before going in. I nodded, thinking a manic maniac was inside. And yes, there was a manic maniac.

A girl on top of the boxes of books, swinging her legs while laughing at a what seemed like teacher. "Would you get off already?" He asked her. She continued laughing manically her legs swinging even faster. "No, I am the queen of the books, bow to me!" She said laughing. She then looked at us, her eyes lighting up.

"Hi! Im Clara! Nice to meet you! Wana play with me?~"

---

---

---

Hi there! I finally finished a chapter, sorry for the long wait. For the people not aware yet; I had holidays and was too busy, I already confirmed that there wasn't going to be a chapter on my profile, so Im telling this to people who don't follow the announcements.

Anyways its finished now. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! I had a lot of fun writing it, so enjoy! Thank you for reading, and have a great week!! Cya!!

--3 January