12. Sherni

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Do read the authors note at the end.

Author

The car halted at Rathore Enterprises, Aadhira finally looked up from her phone. She looked through the side glass to find a group of guards trying to push away some reporters. She wondered the reason they were here.

"Come on Aadhira! We are getting late" Dev declared making Aadhira come back to the actual world from the train of her thoughts. She found him already standing outside, waiting for her.

Aadhira sighed, opening her door and walking out. The whole ride she was on her phone ignoring Dev's existence making him internally irked at her ignorant behaviour. He thought she wouldn't be able to ignore him at least on the day out but to his surprise, she was doing it effortlessly. It was creating a big wound in his gigantic EGO.

Aadhira stepped out and put on her mask, just like she did a day ago. Similar to Aditya, Dev too frowned at it but didn't question unlike him. He thought that amidst reporters it would be the best option to not reveal her identity as a Rathore.

"Follow me" As Dev said, Aadhira walked in front of him, defying his command. She just walked away to the entrance before him without even bothering that Dev was still rooted in his place dumbfounded by her behaviour. No one has ever done this to Dev Singh Rathore's EGO, the world feared him. Yet here was his own daughter defying him without any regard.

Before he could say anything to her she walked into the crowd of reporters and guards. "Aadhira" He called out following her. He just wished that no one noticed that Dev Singh Rathore was following someone and walking behind her. It would cause a big damage to his reputation and his already bruised false self-esteem.

Though the guards were trying their best to suppress the crowd still some of the reporters managed to ask questions

Reporter 1(to Aadhira):- Ma'am aap kaun h? Aur aapka kya rishta h Mr. Dev se? Duniya jawab chahti h.

Reporter 2(to Dev):- Mr.Dev kya ye aapki beti h? Agar haa toh apne inhe duniya se kyu chupa ke rkha?

Aadhira narrowed her eyes at Dev who just looked unbothered by her look and their questions like he knew it was coming. He went beside her and held her hand firmly, not even letting her pull it back from the hold. Though Aadhira tried his grip was too strong to oppose.

Reporter 3:- Kya ye aapki illegitimate beti h?

His question was so sudden that it even made Dev's eyes widen as he looked at Aadhira, wishing she had not heard it but who was he kidding? Of course, she did. She was just waiting for Dev to answer. Yet her expression was cold and unaffected like she had heard it before. Fear seeped into Dev Singh Rathore's heart, is there something he does not know about his daughter?

Just then a reporter glanced at Aadhira's eyes but due to the mask he couldn't have a perfect sight, "Are you Ms. Aadhira Singh?" His question was enough for Aadhira to realize that her little secret was about to come out so she yanked her hand from Dev's hold and entered the building as fast as she could.

Dev too heard the question and his eyes furrowed, no one ever knew about Aadhira since her birth let as far as her name. He never mentioned to anyone except his family that he had a daughter. His furrow deepened as he realized that he didn't take her full name but addressed her as 'Aadhira Singh'. He looked at the reporter but decided to take up the matter later.