𝐯𝐢:

I THINK WE HIT a speed bump, which made me wake up

I THINK WE HIT a speed bump, which made me wake up. I slowly sit up, taking off my headphones. I scrunch my brows as I notice the jacket which was just covering me.

"Well, good afternoon, sleepyhead. You were out for almost four hours."

I roll my eyes at him as I yawn, checking my watch. It really is afternoon, which means it's time for food. "Where are we?" I ask.

"Pennsylvania, we're coming close to Pittsburgh."

I took off my glasses and wiped off bits of my smudged, waterproof mascara. I never left my cabin without it on. It wasn't because I didn't like the way I looked without it, it just always made me feel cool, because Emily, the only consistent female figure in my life ( before everything ) was obsessed about it.

She had tons of different mascaras, and every time she would receive her monthly salary, she would take me with her to Sephora and buy a new tube of mascara. She was like an older sister I never had. When I was little, I would dream of having an older sibling, didn't mater boy or girl, I just needed someone who wasn't dad in my life.

"How do you feel about food?" He asked me and I immediately turned to him, which made him laugh, "Food it is."

THE DINER WAS WEIRD.

There was no other way to put it, other than that it was weird and creepy. I pull the jacket from earlier closer to my body, it was also quite chilly. "You sense it too, right?" Castellan asked and I nodded.

As we enter, I look around. It was plucked out right out of the 80's, with the checkered floors and all of the neon signs, except the once bright colours were now dull. The diner was average size, it had around ten booths and more than half of them were occupied.

We find an empty one and sit down. As we do so, I notice a menu on the table in front of us. I could swear on my mother, that it wasn't there just seconds ago. Then I come to notice that the sofas were actually almost brand new, but the lights above us were barely working.l, twitching and all.

"Castellan, I've got a bad feeling." I said, looking around. When I don't hear a response from him, I turn to find him trying to read the menu.

"Seriously?" I ask and he finally gives me his attention, "How do we know what to order?" I bite my lip as I look down at the paper. The letters seem to fly around the menu, switching places. Before I could decrypt any of them a waitress approached us.

"What can I get for you today?"

Not looking up from the menu I spoke, "A black coffee, cheeseburger with fries and if you have it, then a can of diet coke, unopened please." I had no idea if they were on the menu or not, I just guessed and hoped for the best.

"I'll have the same just without the..." Luke started saying before cutting himself off and pausing. I look up to him confused, to see what's wrong with him and meet his half scared and shocked expression.