𝐯:

I TAKE ANOTHER SIP of my coffee and lift my eyes again, and scoff, seeing that the other campers are still busy looking at me

I TAKE ANOTHER SIP of my coffee and lift my eyes again, and scoff, seeing that the other campers are still busy looking at me. Milana must have seen my reaction, "Oh come on, you can't be mad. The quests are quite rare. And not to mention that you're still technically unclaimed."

I give her a look, "But that's not why they're staring at me, is it?"

"Well, can you blame them?" She raised her brow, continuing, "You and Luke are a weird dynamic. Like- he's friendly to everyone, while you shoot glares at anyone who isn't me or Cassy. Plus then there's the whole leading day thing..."

What? I stopped, putting down my cup and fully faced my best friend, whose eyes were slightly wide. "What do you mean, 'the whole leading day thing'? What thing, Lina?" I asked.

"Nothing..." She said, but I give her a look and she sighs, "Alright fine, basically you know when you and Luke went to the ground part?"

I nod. And she scratches her neck, "Well..."

I roll my eyes, "Just spit it out, Lina."

"The new kid thought that it looked a bit intimate and that you two were secret dating and stuff. Obviously, everyone else quickly corrected him saying that it was impossible, but then everyone gave it a second thought and now... there's a huge bet going on that after the quest you two will come back... as an official couple." She rushed out.

It took me a second to take it all in.

"WHAT!?"

Milana's eyes widen at my outburst. I was usually a quiet person around others. But this assumption, this bet, was absolutely ridiculous! I do not like Luke Castellan, especially not like that!

My friend glanced beside me, before taking her tray and hopping off her seat, "I'll leave you to your planning. Don't you dare leave without saying goodbye to me." She pointed her finger at me and left our table to join some girls of the Cabin 10.

Just right on cue, none other than the boy of the hour sat down in front of me. "So you've heard?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, "It's ridiculous and far-fetched." He seemed to stare at me for a few seconds, before nodding.

I tuck in some of my loose strands behind my ears, speaking up, "So, we need to get to California, Manzanita Lake. I checked and there aren't any available flights for the time being, meaning we need to go by car to Columbus. From there we'll fly straight to California."

I TAKE OUT MY iPod and connect it to my headphones. It was going to be a long ride and I was going to try to speak to Castellan as little as I could.

He decided to take the first shift of driving, but I still can't figure out how does he even know how to drive. He arrived at Camp at the same age as me, fourteen, but from what I've heard he left home way earlier.