Chapter 8

"Oh, I dunno", Percy replied dryly with a grin. "Maybe because she is immortal now."

Percy POV

As soon as he said this, chaos broke out among the hunt's ranks. "Elaborate", Artemis said with her calmest tone, somehow conveying that if he did not comply, he wouldn't like the consequences. He noticed that Phoebe had left the tent not long after he came in. he would have to sort things out with her.

"She's immortal because her immortal essence was in my sword, which I returned to her", he added quickly, his smile vanishing.

"And thee couldn't has't toldeth this to us lief'r? (And you couldn't have told this to us sooner?)", Zoe asked.

"Well, I just remembered...", he replied, scratching the back of his neck embarrassedly. "Anyway, I came here to tell you that it's time for dinner."

All the present huntresses cheered. Usually, they were battle-hardened warriors, but when it came to food, they were nothing but children with bows and arrows. He sighed contentedly, watching everyone walk to the dinner table. Maybe he had got a new family, despite being made of metal...

Nico's POV

He was already starting to regret his decision. Maybe cleaning toilets would be the better option...

Nico sighed as he trudged out of the Roman war camp. He had decided to start the task given to him by Reyna pronto, treating it as a bandage that had to be removed, the quicker the better.

As soon as he was out of the camp boundaries, he shadow-travelled to the area where he sensed the presence of the hunt's camp. To his shock, he realised that he couldn't travel directly into the camp.

He chose the nearest location and started walking on foot from that point. Upon his arrival, the sight before him left him wide-eyed. The entire hunt was assembled at a massive table covered with food. At one end was Lady Artemis and at the other end was a man seemingly made of metal. A man made of metal. Man.

Suddenly, the guy stiffened, as if sensing the presence of something he did not like. He turned, looking right with cold and calculating eyes at the spot where Nico stood. The look gave him chills.

Making his presence known, he said at the top of his voice, "Lady Artemis, I come on behalf of Praetor Reyna, the leader of the Twelfth Roman Legion. I bear a message and wish to speak to you."

The entire camp was silent for a moment, before Artemis replied, "Very well, son of Hades. I will talk to you." Turning to her hunters, she continued, "Hunters, resume your dinner. Zoe and Thalia are in charge. Guardian, with me."
A thought crossed his mind, "Zoe Nightshade?" But this thought was so ridiculous that he dismissed the thought as soon as it came.

Artemis walked past him along with the 'guardian' at her side, who gestured for Nico to follow. He had a feeling that he was going to be interrogated, and there was nothing he could do...

A/N

I know that it is kinda short, but I don't really have much time right now. I will try to update tomorrow though.

Bookasura out