Ch 3: Monster

RYUJI POV 

After getting our gear from Erhard's store, we went outside the capital to begin our grinding experience.

When we reached a hill far from the castle, Myne stopped us.

Myne: since the most important right now for you, sir heroes is combat experience. so for now I should act as a sort of coach for the two of you

Naofumi: the king did mention that you're one of the best adventurers in the kingdom. I'll trust your judgment

Ryuji: yeah, same here

I then noticed many creatures approaching us from the tall grass.

suddenly a hoard of basketball-sized round monsters with angry expressions surrounded us.

the monsters started floating toward us.

I pulled my sword and shield from my weapon slot and Naofumi and I started fighting the little creeps off.

Naofumi blocked an attack with his shield and tries to counter with his fist but misses.

I bashed my shield on one of them towards the others like pool balls then started slashing at them with my sword, killing them with little effort and gaining some exp.

Naofumi: what the heck are these things!?

Myne: they're monsters called "orange balloons". They're fairly weak monsters that attack in groups

I swung my sword and killed a bunch of them and leveled up while Naofumi on the other hand got bitten all over.

Ryuji: not bad for starter monsters. hey, you okay Naofumi?

Naofumi: I'm fine. their bites aren't even hurting me

I sheathed my sword and went to help remove some of the balloons from Naofumi.

Ryuji: are they really that weak?

I immediately got my answer when the one I pried off Naofumi turned around and bit me.

Ryuji: AAAAARGH!! GET IT OFF!! GET IT OFF!! GET IT OFF!!