Chapter Two

It made the first move, smashing its spear into the ground sending a powerful wave of water in her direction. Mipha was given the upper hand as her aquatic features were superior in this situation and evaded the danger effortlessly. It left itself quite vulnerable to attacks and she took the chance to unleash a flurry of stabs at its body. The creature roared at the feel of the strike and performed a spin move to gain more ground. Mipha gracefully executed a backflip, hearing the whistle of the blade in her ear fly past her. Another opening, allowing for more damage to be inflicted. The growl that came from it sounded annoyed, like it had enough of its opponent. It then threw the spear to follow up, which she narrowly avoided almost impaling her left arm. 'It's unarmed now, right?' Wrong. The spear had begun to disintegrate before her very eyes, reappearing in its awaiting hand. 'Interesting, it is capable of the same ability as that slate Zelda is always so engrossed in.', she observed. Changing her tactic, she dove under the waters darting left and right. Her fins glided through, as if it were nothing, it was no doubt that swimming was in the blood of the Zora, but the princess gave it a whole new meaning. Its line of sight had trouble pinpointing where she was heading next. In a blink of an eye, Mipha leapt out in a spurt of water letting loose a second round of jabs to the head. It reared back in pain and its entire being brightened the same glow as did its spear moments before. Transforming into a spherical shape of energy, it floated toward the front of Ruta's control console and suspended itself upside down in the air. With a raise of its malice enveloped hand, the water ways obeyed to its will, bringing forth excessive amounts of new water. 'This was worse than she had imagined, this vile intruder had snuck entry into her Divine Beast's operational systems.' If it had a face, she believed it would definitely have a grin right about now. An additional flick of the wrist caused five solid blocks of ice to arise out from the water and hang just above the skull of the beast. 'Hylia, give me strength.' The Zora Champion plunged back into the depths, avoiding the ice cracking upon impact with the ground as it was hurled at her. Attempting her strategy again, she swam in a similar pattern as before and sprung out, newfound rage burning in her eyes. It swiftly turned to face her, bringing out a block of ice to shield itself from the oncoming attack. Her eyes widened as she crashed into it and exploded to pieces, she hit the wall and plummeted down into the waters. The gurgle of water filled her ears, and freshly scraped cuts across her body burned as it touched the cool temperatures of the clear liquid. There were mere seconds to think and less to act, as the spot she landed began to have an eerie blue light that grew brighter and brighter. Her gasp was muted. The lengthy weapon it possessed crashed into the floor disturbing the calm waters into splashes and ripples.

.

.

Goddess that would have certainly been the death of her if she had stayed there any longer. In that moment, realization of what was causing the glow slammed into her mind much like the spear, only she was faster. Her enemy twitched in frustration producing another round of hovering ice. Mipha came to a new conclusion, one that would involve many agile movements. The element of surprise was on her side as it expected her to come into range with its forefront. Instead, Mipha vaulted herself with lower momentum piercing the flesh of its right flank. It screeched and shifted its attention to the emanating affliction. The Zora was nowhere to be seen, but the creature's other side of body was feeling in the same state of hurt as the right. She had doubled her efforts, and it was bound to be over soon. With it demented, she went undetected swimming dangerously close to the wall. Springing out she pressed her foot against the wall to push out towards her opponent. By the time it had figured out where she was it only caught a glimpse as it was met with a sharp metallic object straight to the eye. Mipha skillfully dove into the water, watching the beast writhe and spew malice in all directions. It became a beacon of ominous purple light and with a final shriek it was no more. The Zora Champion had won.