Temporary ~ Ch1

3rd Point Of View

11 Years Ago

"(Y/n)?! Where are you?!" A voice yelled amongst the courtyard, the people around him not even battering a lash. This was a normal occurrence at the Zenin estate when (Y/n) was visiting.
"Toji, have you seen (Y/n)?" The older man asked, breathless from running around the estate for the past ten minutes in hopes of finding (Y/n).
"Stop yelling, would you?" Toji replied, rolling his eyes, earning a deadly glare from his uncle.

"You brat, do you know where she is or not?! I need to recharge! It's urgent!" The Zenin man hissed, making young Toji roll his eyes as he leaned his back against the tree behind him.
"I don't know where she is." Toji replied with a shrug, closing his eyes as he stretched out his feet onto a rock.
"Damn it!" The man growled as he stormed off to the southern courtyard where he'd look for (Y/n) for the third time.

"(Y/n)!" The man yelled from the distance, his voice becoming more faint as he began to get further away. Toji waited until he couldn't see his uncle anymore to open one of his eyes, craning his neck to the side boredly to stare at the young girl who was trembling behind the bush beside him.
"He's gone now." Toji told her, making the girl hesitantly stand from her hiding space.

"Are you sure?" She whispered, her knees trembling as she took her first step out from behind the bush.
"Mhm. You're welcome for not outing you by the way. You're not very good at hiding." Toji told the girl, making her look at him with angered eyes, her brows furrowed and her lips pouting.
"I'm only eight!" She defended passionately as she sat down next to him.

"So?" Toji retorted, making the girl glare at him venomously which he didn't even notice, his eyes already closed again.
"(Y/n)!" A voice yelled firm the distance, the anger enlaced with his voice making (Y/n) flinch back before sliding closer to Toji, hiding behind him incase his uncle were to return. She both loved and hated visiting the Zenin estate. She was able to see Toji often when she was here- but his family were crueler than any other that she'd met amongst the Jujutsu world.

"Why don't you just help him recharge?" Toji then asked her boredly, "The sooner you do, the sooner he'll leave you alone. He's getting more worked up because my dad's going on a mission and he wants to go with him. If you help him, he'll leave." At this logical suggestion, (Y/n) frowned.
"I don't want to. They don't even say thank you." (Y/n) muttered bitterly, making Toji smirk.

"Yeah, I guess that would piss me off too." Toji muttered with an amused huff before suddenly his smirk faded into nothing, "But still... it's better to be needed than to be invisible." At this, (Y/n) frowned, understanding what he meant. Toji Zenin has no cursed energy and there was was treated as burden by his clan. Sometimes they treated him as if he weren't there at all- other times they used him as a punching bag when they needed to get something off their chest.

"I wish I was invisible." (Y/n) mumbled, making Toji scoff loudly with pure amusement.
"And I wish I was needed." Toji replied with a half-hearted smirk. (Y/n) gasped as an idea popped into her mind, making her quickly grasp onto Toji's arm. He was only fifteen and yet had so many scars covering his skin already.
"We should swap lives!" (Y/n) told him enthusiastically, her eyes wide and hopefully. Toji couldn't help but chuckle at her suggestion.

"I don't think that's possible, kid." The boy told her as he crossed his arms over his chest.
"Hey, you're a kid too!" She objected, nudging his arm as he cracked out a laugh.
"But I'm not a tiny as you though." He teased, flicking the girl's forehead, which made her fall back into her ass.
"Toji! That hurt!" She whined childishly, rubbing her forehead as the sting began increasing.

"(Y/n)!" A voice suddenly boomed from infront of the children, "I finally found you!" Both kids quickly snapped their heads to the elder Zenin with wide eyes only to see that he was now glaring intently at Toji with pure anger.
"Was she here the entire time?" The man yelled angrily at the boy.
"Yes." Toji replied with no fear, his features cold and stoic.

Toji didn't flinch as his uncle slapped him across the cheek, leaving a red searing mark that held a familiar sting. He didn't cry nor make a sound, he was used to this, after all. But instead, it was (Y/n) who gasped and then cried out with shock as the elder Zenin moved to strike Toji again.
"Hey, stop that!" (Y/n) cried as Toji was hit again, making her scramble off the floor and run to the two Zenin members.
"Stop it!" She yelled, "You want to recharge, right?!" At that, the Zenin man stopped his movements, looking down at the girl.

"Here! I'll do it!" She sobbed, lifting her branded palm to place it on the hand of Toji's uncle. Her eyes glowed white as she transferred as much cursed energy as he could take, replacing the cursed energy that he must have spent during his training earlier today. When she was done, she let go of him. The man grinned as he looked down at himself, feeling his power like a fire inside him.
"Finally." He grinned to himself before looking towards the open doors of the Zenin estate. "Brother! I'll be joining you in that mission! Do not leave without me!"

The elder Zenin finally began leaving, rushing inside without another word to either (Y/n) or Toji, slamming the door behind him as he entered the house. (Y/n) sniffled as she crawled towards Toji who was pushing himself up off the ground, having fallen from the second impact, rubbing his cheek with a hiss.
"Are you okay, Toji?" The girl asked him sadly, feeling more than responsible.

"Yeah." Toji mumbled as he sat up, "Pain's only temporary." At that, (Y/n) pursed her lips- something sad in his words that she didn't really like. All the scars on his body and the one on his lip proved that pain was everlasting- not temporary.
"Not if they keep hurting you." The girl mumbled, making Toji force himself to laugh. He sat up against the tree as he did before, before lifting a hand and petting the girl's head. That's when he said,

"It's fine... I'll be leaving this place soon anyway."

(A.N ~ Chapter uno completo.)

Chapter 2 Quote Teaser :

"They need you because they are not strong enough live their lives within the bounds of their own cursed energy limitations."