19 , fight or flight

you were nervous

you were nervous.

your eyes kept darting at the door every time you heard a sound from outside, your legs kept bouncing, your heart was rapidly beating, your hands were clammy ⎯ you were really nervous.

you wanted to hate him, to stay mad at him, to hold a grudge against him. but you couldnt. you could never bring yourself to hate him, to stay mad at him, or to hold a grudge against him.

you flinched once you heard knocks on your door. he was here. you rushed towards the door, your heart racing each step you took. you nervously opened the door, expecting to see wriothesley upset at you.

what you saw instead was the complete opposite.

WRIOTHESLEY
"y/n."

it took you a second to register his appearance. his cheeks were flushed pink, his eyes were swollen and red, his under eye bags were even more prominent...

he looked miserable.

Y/N
"wriothesley, were you crying?"

he slightly laughed, stepping closer to you (yes he closed the door and took his shoes off 😪).

WRIOTHESLEY
"is it obvious?"

Y/N
"a little."

before you could even say anything else, he pulled you against him and tightly held you.

Y/N
"what ⎯"

WRIOTHESLEY
"stop talking, please."

you quietly huffed at him before returning the hug. it felt right. it was cozy and warm, just as you remembered. you felt safe.

you rubbed his back, attempting to comfort him. it didnt work ⎯ you could hear sniffles from him.

Y/N
"is everything okay?"

WRIOTHESLEY
"everythings fine."

you remembered how he never liked showing vulnerability in front of you, despite reassuring him it was okay to. you hated how he would hide his feelings away from you. you knew he was raised in a household that taught him crying wasnt "manly".

you didnt pry further. you hugged him tighter and continued to rub his back. he gently pushed the back of your head towards him, successfully shielding his face away from you. he didnt want you seeing him so vulnerable.