My Best Friend Is A Vampire

Cleo: You ghouls doing okay?

Nevermore gently shook her head as Lagoona was conked out, with Abbey and Operetta leaning on each other while snoozing. Toralei had managed to join the sleeping pile once Kitty was conscious, and she happily occupied Nevermore's tail. All of their gear was set aside with Lagoona's wet uniform drying in the sunlight. Rochelle seemed to be the only one awake.

Rochelle: We are feeling the events of the last hour on our bodies. Quite the hustle and bustle, no?

Cleo: Sounds like you were all working very hard. I heard something about Toralei singlehandedly taking care of Kitty?

Rochelle: Her pride got the best of her, though it proved fruitful.

Cleo: Guess she is quite the resilient ghoul. But no issues for the rest of you? No injuries?

Rochelle: We were all fine, Ghoulia already checked over us. Cupid certainly had a good plan in mine having be on the front lines. My stone skin comes in handy for today. Though I don't believe they'll be waking up soon.

Lagoona: Buncha hoons, ya bruce.

She turned and cuddled into Nevermore's stomach, with the dragon better shielding her from the sun.

Cleo: I think they've all earned their nap.

She found herself looking over to where you were standing, once again looking out at the mountains. Your mind was racing with plans from the information that Cupid and Cedar gave you. But Cleo was more surpised you were seemingly fine after everything you've done. You did the most runs, the most action, and yet you were still wide awake and thinking.

She wished you'd already rest.

Cleo: Anyways. Cupid's gone back over to Monster High to get more help, and she's apparently formulating another plan. She actually brought Ghoulia with her. Something about needing her expertise with tinkering.

Cleo stood up.

Cleo: I won't bother you all any further. Sure does seem like there was more work than we thought.

Rochelle: The rush of adrenaline can drain a ghoul.

Cleo: Hopefully Ghoulia will bring over her energy drinks. Sounds like Cupid's new team will need them.

Cleo walked up towards Raven and Cedar.

Cleo: Hello there.

Cedar was sitting beside Kitty and Blondie, both of who were cautiously eyeing Cleo, Frankie, and Draculaura.

Blondie: Hi.

She held a bottle of water while Kitty was toying with one of the books.

Raven: Blondie, Kitty, I know you two are still recovering from your whole ordeal, but really, you can trust them. They're very nice and are helping us get better. If it weren't for them, you wouldn't even be cured.

She looked back to the sleeping ghouls.

Raven: They're just, well, from a different world. But I mean Kitty, you know what it's like being from a different world.

Kitty: Didn't we turn into one of the natives?

Draculaura: Well, not exactly. Ghoulia is a normal zombie. How all zombies are in our world. What you were turned into was, like, the worst possible version in all of existence.