Animal Eggspert

It didn't surprise Damian in the slightest that none of the others followed the two boys out of the cave. Danny had done a splendid job of wearing out the teens and adults of the family that everyone would want to take the moment for a breather rather than attempt to chase the superpowered toddler around again. The half ghost was still very smug in Damian's arms as they made their way up to his room so that they could put on warmer clothes. Winter was still very much a thing right now and, half ghost or not, Damian wasn't about to let Danny possibly get sick.

Not until they both knew more about the boy's condition.

They quickly got dressed for the colder weather and Damian led them back downstairs with only a couple of pit stops before they headed out to the barn. The boys encountered Damian's cat first. "Wait... isn't that confusing?" Danny asked as he eagerly pet the black and white cat that was basking in one of the many windowsills that the manor had to offer.

"Alfred is a perfectly suitable name for a cat."

Danny laughed as Alfred purred under his clever fingertips. Easily finding the spots that the cat loved to be petted the most. "Yes, it is. Perfect for such a handsome lad." Alfred's purrs picked up and he stretched so that Danny had access to his belly. Damian's eyes narrowed a bit when the halfa was able to pet the cat's belly with ease and no repercussions in the form of tiny teeth and claws. So far, the only person who could get away with that was Damian and human Alfred. Now another was added to that list. "But, most generally, when a pet is named after someone, that person is either dead or no longer around. Alfred is still very much alive."

"Tt." Damian huffed and crossed his arms. Looking away from Danny who was giving him a rather smug smile. "Alfred was named after the person who gave him to me. Pennyworth may come off as a competent butler, more than anything, but he is perfectly capable of defending himself and the manor from intruders. Alfred the cat has calmed down a bit after living here for a while but he is still very ferocious and will attack most strangers without a second thought. He has much potential in becoming a fierce warrior and it is an honor to be named after the man that protects Batman behind the scenes."

Danny watched the younger boy with a small grin on his face. He looked back to the kitty puddle under his fingers and chuckled a bit. "You know what? You are absolutely right. 'Tis one of the most highest of honors." Damian nodded his head curtly. The two boys spent a couple of minutes spoiling the cat before continuing on to the next animal in Damian's menagerie.

Titus was waiting for them at the backdoor of the manor. The doberman's tail immediately began to wag at their approach. They stopped short and Titus closed the distance before obediently sitting down in front of Damian. "You actually have a history with Titus." Damian said as he scratched the dog behind his pointy ears.

Danny crept forward and let Titus sniff his hand before lavishing the pup in love. "I do? How can I have history with this big guy when I was basically asleep?"

Damian smirked proudly at how Titus wasn't even bothered by Danny's added weight. Instead, he remained sitting, like a good boy, and let the halfa love him up accordingly. "He stole the pouch I carried you in when I first got a hold of your core. Thankfully, you weren't inside at the time but the pouch became nothing more than a glorified chew toy and had to be thrown out."

"I would happily die again to be Titus's glorified chew toy. Anything for this good boy." Danny had his face pressed right up to the side of Titus's head. The small boy's cheek smooshing against the soft fur of the dog's head.

"Careful, he might still recognize you as that ball shaped thing I used to carry around. So, you just might." Damian's smirk grew when Danny pouted and held Titus closer. The dog undisturbed.