History L-egg-ends

He had forgotten that this was a thing. His father had signed the permission slip ages ago and with everything that had happened, it was understandable that it was pushed to the back of his mind. With the school still being closed, it was rather surprising that they were still holding this event but Gotham Academy had a reputation to maintain. So a field trip to the natural history museum was still on (mainly because it was already paid for and the school didn't want to refund everything). Damian's class had been combined with a couple of others and had been forced to meet up at one of the safer places in town.

The unfortunate thing was that his class had been split for the buses. So Jon was riding on the other bus and Damian had been sitting next to one of his female classmates whose name he never really bothered to learn. Her incessant talking to her friend across the aisle was only drowned out by Danny practically vibrating in excitement against his chest. The ghost had gone on and on about the Greek exhibit that Gotham had. Surprising Damian with how much he knew about ancient history. However, he hadn't really had a chance to respond with so many people with eyes on him. Just because the bus was crowded and loud didn't mean that no one would see him talking to himself. So Damian was content to listen to the ghost boy ramble about the constellations and the Greek stories affiliated with them until they arrived at their destination. Once he was off this claustrophobic contraption, he was finding Jon to ensure that he wasn't paired up with anyone else.

Damian wanted Danny and Jon to meet anyway. The ghost had been showering him with awe that he knew a half-alien. They would get along well to be sure. All they had to do was sneak away when the moment was right so they could have some alone time to talk. Once again, Damian was very thankful for Jon's super hearing. He could speak barely above a whisper and Jon would be able to hear it clear as day. Perfect for secretive conversations.

When the bus parked in front of the large marble building, Damian could not get off that suffocating bus faster. With the grace of an assassin, he fluidly made his way through the crowd and over to Jon who was waving excitedly from his own group. "The boy lives! I was worried I wouldn't see you until you were an adult with how many times you've been grounded lately!" Jon clapped him on the back and Damian had the forethought to brace himself so he wasn't sent sprawling into the person in front of him.

"Tt. You know as well as I that he got what he deserved. The grounding was more a slap on the wrist than anything." The boy fixed his uniform and lined up next to Jon as the teacher started gathering the students to discuss the rules.

"It used to be something that was a great punishment though. You would throw the biggest tantrums because of it. I should know." Jon fished his phone out of his pocket and scrolled until he found what he was looking for. "I have video." He pressed play on a video of Robin ranting at Batman for benching him over something small.

Damian tried to snatch the phone but Jon was quicker. "Erase that! Why did you even record it?!" He tried to keep his composure with so many of his classmates around but was failing.

"Because it was funny. Don't get me wrong, I side with you 100% with stabbing that child trafficker in the shoulder. But you ranting and raving at Batman is always a treat to witness." Jon laughed as he kept his phone safely away from Damian's grasp. Everyone else was so enamored in their own conversations to notice theirs.

The teacher paired them off and gave them a small packet of worksheets to go through. They could split off into groups of two and do what they wanted in the museum so long as they didn't leave and they had to fill the worksheets out. Now that they had free reign, Damian grabbed Jon's arm and practically dragged him into the museum to the Grecian exhibit. Partially to fill the majority of the packet out and also to have Danny stop talking about it.