Chapter 3

"Alright lad, give it to us straight, where did you get these dust crystals from?" Eddie asked the boy, giving him a stern look.

Nichole, however, seemed a little relaxed. She really didn't have a bone to pick with the kid. All she wanted to know was what he was thinking by stealing from the White Fang. She's seen the way they treated humans and it isn't pretty.

It's nothing more than a miracle that those White Fang soldiers didn't do anything to that boy or he'll be another victim.

"I already told you, I don't know!" Keijo snapped back, irritated as ever.

Nichole interjected. "Is that so? Then why did those soldiers back there say you got them from their supposed, 'warehouse?'"

Keijo pursed his lips. This was a little harder than he thought. These two wouldn't fall for any of his lies. Then again, they did save his life and witnessed the White Fang trying to attack him so it would be a little fruitless to lie.

Looks like I have no choice, huh? Oh well. Keijo thought, letting out a sigh. Heh, who knows. I might leave this place without handcuffs this time.

"Okay, you want the truth so bad? Then here it is. I found them in the warehouse. I needed the money and crystals like those will sell big on the black market."

Nichole and Eddie pondered what was said for a moment. It seemed pretty legit. Just a common thief trying to make it in Argus and was at the right place at the wrong time.

"You don't say?" Eddie looked over at his friend. "What do you think, Nichole? Does it hold up?"

Nichole let out a small sigh. "I believe him."

Keijo gave a small nod. Maybe he should tell the truth more. It will get him out of trouble. 

"Alright lad, you're in the clear. We'll let you go." Eddie said.

Keijo bolted up from his seat and headed for the door before feeling a tight grip on his shoulder. The pressure made him jump a bit.

He turned around to see Nichole looking at him with a blank expression. 

"Hold on, I'm not done yet." she said.

Oh great. What did he do now? 

Keijo looked back, trying to keep his composure. "Yes?"

"I want you to take me to that warehouse tomorrow." Nichole said firmly.

The green boy was a little taken aback by what she said. For a second there, he thought that she caught him stealing the knives on the way out. 

"Okay, I can do that. Where do you want to meet up?"

"We can meet up at the memorial park around 9 o'clock." 

"Alright, sounds like a date. See ya then." Keijo was about to walk out when Nichole grabbed him by the collar again. 

"I'm gonna need you to return those knives you took." The red huntress sternly said.

Keijo sucked his teeth. This huntress had a good eye. A little too good. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Keijo paced back and forth around the park. He looked a little impatient and pissed off.

Where is she? It's a quarter past 9!

Keijo huffed as he glanced at his watch one more time. He's seconds away from walking off and conducting the "mission" himself. 

Suddenly, a car pulls up and Nichole stumbles out. She lets out a moan and gives the driver a thumbs up as they drive off.