Chapter 18

Draco's POV:

"Now, I'm charming this door, and no one gets out until you guys make up," she declared confidently, closing the door.

She won't.

"You're bluffing," said Theo. "Watch me," she snapped as she closed the door.

That was hot.

Theo ran to the door and realized she actually charmed it.

Oh, we are so screwed.

Every time I think Emmy can't get any smarter, she always seems to surprise me.

"Snap out of it and help me open it!" Theo yelled, bringing me back to reality. He'd been trying random spells to unlock it, but nothing worked. "Merlin, she is a smart girl," I said after trying a few spells myself.

"You think I don't know that?!" he said, giving up and sliding down to sit on the floor. I sat on the desk, using the stool to prop up my legs.

"All right, mate, might as well talk it out since we're stuck here," I said, crossing my arms.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Please, you should be apologizing."

"Fine," I said with a pause. "I'm sorry that I care so much for your sister that I also want to protect her."

"Please, I know how you are with girls; I've known you my whole life, Draco," he spat.

"If you've known me my whole life, then you should know that the way I treat her is WAY different than how I've treated them," I said, causing a moment of silence.

"Do you love her?" he asked, causing me to snap my head to look at him.

"What?" I asked just in case I didn't hear that right.

"You heard me. Do you love her?" he repeated.

I took a deep breath, "First of all, we are still young, and we may not fully understand what love really is, but I do know this. I want to experience that with her. All I ask is for you to trust me and just know that I am not trying to hurt her. I cherish her, Theo! I did not know she was my missing piece until she came back into my life."

"Wow, that's deep. Who knew you could be so soft, mate?" he said, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Oh, shut up," I said, walking towards him.

"I can see now that you will take care of her. I will back off; just remember if you hurt her, I will hex you," he said, prompting me to laugh. We hugged it out, and after we heard a click by the door.

"Is it open?!" I asked, and Theo opened the door. We both headed back to our common room where we met with Blaise and talked until it was time for us to head to bed.

~*~*~

Emilia's POV:

It's been a couple of weeks since the classroom incident. Things were going pretty well with Draco and Theo. Theo did back off from both Draco and me which I was grateful for...

Until today

It was finally the morning of the third task, and I woke up with a stomach ache. Luckily, Pansy stayed with me waiting for Draco.

I heard a knock on my door. "Come in," I said in a groggy voice, still feeling terrible.

"Good morning, my love. I brought you some breakfast since you missed it earlier today," Draco said.

"Love, I don't know if I'll be able to keep it in my system," I replied, burying my face into my pillow.

"Well, then let's start with something light, yeah?" he suggested, handing me a banana. Surprisingly, I was able to finish it, and it stayed in my system.