Childhood in a Nutshell

[A/N: Mwahahaha. I think I should be totally evil and just make this a very long author's note and give no upload, just 'cause I can. >D But I won't, since I know you guys are just dying to know who's interrupting the little "argument" that Lacey and Cody had gotten into. I find fights amazing just by the way, so that's why there are so many in the story. I am a very argumentative person, so deal with it. (; Just kidding, if it gets to be to much, just say so and I'll cut it down a little bit.

I've also been sick the past couple days, so my writing might not be as good as it might be in the first place (I'm guessing it's okay since people are still following the story xD).

Dedicated to Melsworld, just 'cause she likes arguing, like moi. (;

But now, what you have all been waiting for (maybe) the continuation of who the heck is that guy (sorta)!?!?!?!? :A/N]

[part of]CHAPTER NINE (OMG! One more til the double digits! *w*)

________________________________________________

Recap:

He put me down and I smiled. He really doesn't know the extent of my power. Mwahaha.

"Well, well, well. Isn't it sunshine girl from Sunny California? I didn't break your heart last time I spoke to you, did I, Smith?" said a voice from behind me.

I turned around and when I saw who was standing behind me, I felt all the blood drain from my face.

I really didn't need to see him again.

- - - - - -

  "Grey?" Cody asked with a confused expression on his face. "You know Lacey?"

  "Yep," he replied smoothly, scowling at me.

  "How? She's new." Cody scratched his head. He was so confused.

  But to be quite honest, I was, too.

  "I thought I said that I never wanted to see you again," I said, trying to come off strong, but sounding weak and breathy, making me cringe internally. I cleared my throat and glared at him. He laughed.

  "Sunny, you're at my school. I've been here way longer than you have and, I'm sorry to break it to you, but you've kind of came to me," he replied with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders.

  I sighed. "It isn't exactly my fault, Grey," I said, emphasizing his name with utter confusion. "Though last time I checked, Grey, your actual name was-"

  "Enough!" he yelled, cutting me off. Oh, so the name is a soft spot? Sweet. May any higher beings have mercy on him.

  "Grey" McKinley is the person I really least expected to see at my new school. We met back when I met Skye. Actually, they're cousins. "Grey" has a twin sister, Sapphire, who is one of the sweetest people I have ever met in my entire life. Grey's actual name is Quinn. I've always liked the name, although I didn't like the kid, but it didn't start out that way.

  I was at Skye's seventh birthday party when I had first met him. He was hiding behind Sapphire because he didn't like talking to other people at the time. Sapphire, of course, was a social butterfly and almost forced Grey to talk with everyone else at the party.

  Flashback:

***

  She stood in the corner with a cookie in her hand, watching everyone else at the party. She doesn't know most of the people and she was happy to let Skye bask in the attention. When she had finished the one cookie, she would grab another. Her Mommy will probably be mad at her for getting crumbs all over my pretty gold dress, but it doesn't matter. Skye's mommy could help her brush off the crumbs before she left. Her Mommy didn't have to know. Her Daddy doesn't have to either.