Finally Awake

Author's Note:

  Yay! I finally have someone who loves my story!!! -happy dance-

  Thanks Brodiexx, You really make me want to continue writing. This is why this chapter is dedicated to you. (: Read on. I also thank those silent readers, who made me want to continue even with out Brodiexx.(; I would give you a pat on the back for actually reading, but I kinda can't. So just keep reading, and I'll keep writing. Sound like a plan? Okay, Enjoy!!

[LACEY'S POV]

  "Lacey, wake up! Skye is here and if you don't get up now, I will not let you see her until we move," my mother said from the side of my bed.

  That got me up. I did stop to grumble, though, as I pushed past her and into the bathroom. I grabbed my phone right before I slammed the door and texted Skye to go ahead and come upstairs. I heard a knock on the door after I just pulled up my shorts from using the bathroom.

  "What's the password?" I yelled.

  There was a pause, a very soft knock, and then a yell.

  "BOOYAH BABY!!" Skye screamed.

  I can just see her dancing as she said that. I laughed as I called for her to come in. She rattled the door knob, but before she could say anything, I unlocked it and she walked in, closing it behind her and locking it. She smiled. I rolled my eyes as I sat on the sink counter. She was looking at me like I was the sparkling new toy in Toy R Us or something. Maybe Wal-Mart. No one knows with Skye. She then started rumaging through my make-up bag. I jumped off, snathching it from her. She looked at me and started laughing, then looking through my cabinets.

  "Okay, what are you doing?" I finally asked.

  "I set you up on a date," she said nonchalantly.

  "Oh," I said. Then it registered. "YOU WHAT!?!?!"

  "Two words. Blind. Date," she said, as if I was the stupid one.

  "Are you mental!? Maybe physco? What if I actually like the guy? Then I move in, how many days now!? Most of the stuff from the basement is packed!!" I pratically screeched.

  Skye flinched. "Calm yourself, Drama Queen. It's just a quick thing before you move. He knows that."

  "Uh huh. And who is 'he'?" I asked, now curious.

  "Um, mood swings much?" she laughed. "But the point of a blind date is that you don't know who you're going with."

  I groaned, knowing it was probably some nerd that they set me up with as a joke. I walked out of the bathroom and into my closet. I wondered what I should wear as I stepped in. Skye walked in behind me and I heard her usual intake of breath. I rolled my eyes as I went to the darker section of my clothes.

  Alright. Maybe I was a little spoiled. My walk in closet was about the size of my room itself, and I'm almost out of room in it. Name the color, I had it. From black to a neon yellow. I also had a pair of shoes to match it. Skye gaped for a couple more seconds as she saw me go for the darker colors. She gasped as she steered me away from that section. I looked at her, raising an eyebrow.

  "And what do you think you're doing?" I asked.

  "Well, you are not going to wear darker colors on this date! You got to look fun!" she stated.

  She ran through my closet like a maniac. I sat on the foot stool that stood in the middle as she rushed to put the "perfect outfit" together. I examined my non-existant nails and she did some mumbling. I looked up at her, skeptical. Sometimes I think she belongs a a mental ward more than I do. You know, with those white padded walls. I think they would be fun to run into. My parents think that they should put me into one, just to see how I would react. They didn't like my reaction, let me be the one to tell you. "To excited" they said. I'm all for running into walls without hurting myself. It would be so fun, as I've probably already said.