Author's Note (IMPORTANT, please read)

Hello to all the beautiful people reading this! Has anyone told you you're awesome today? Well, you are!

Anyway, before we begin, I just wanted to say something. The basis of this story is one that has been there for me through an important stage lf my life. I had written and posted the original draft on another account chapter-by-chapter back in 2020 through to mid-2021, and it was a coping mechanism to deal with traumatic life events happening at the time. It is still up to this day (albiet slightly embarassing). Then life happened and I was forced to abandon it. I later tried to come back sometime in 2022, but that didn't work out. 

But I'm back now for the same reason: coping. Writing these stories did and still does bring me joy, and it was the shining star in the dark sky that got me through the year where, at least for a little bit, I wasn't just a preteen (NOT anymore by the way, yes Wattpad mods I'm actually old enough to have an account now under the TOS) who didn't have any power or a voice. I was Cheetahpaw, someone who could create things and write things and for whom nothing was impossible. I'm a little older now (and gosh was I immature on that account.......pls dont sue me, ive grown since then) but my passion hasn't faded. Instead over the years I feel like its gotten stronger, and I've gotta have some sort of outlet for it. Right?

So I wanted to revise and complete this story finally. I've only written a few chapters so far, and I'm not sure how often updates will be, but I'll do what I can. So without further ado, I give you what is basically a heavily edited and revised version of this said fanfic I'd posted: A Dark Secret.

(Just wanted to put this out there on the off-chance someone uncovers my old fanfic at one point, thinks we're different people because of the different accounts, and accuses me of stealing. This is my work, but I never could get back into my old account so here we are)