This story will be told in mostly Parker's POV. If I need to do Chester's POV, I will.

------------------------------------

I looked through emails while Chester grabbed a snack from the kitchen. Then he came and sat next to me. "Do we have anything?" he asked, biting into his snack which turned out to be a chocolate chip cookie. 

I replied, not looking away from the computer. "No, not yet---Wait, look!" I opened the email and Chester looked at it. I started reading.

Dear Parker and Chester,

My name is Abby and I live with my dad. A few days ago, my mom and my little brother, Max went missing, and whenever I ask my dad about it, he gets very angry. I don't feel safe. I hear screaming coming from his room every night. Could you come and check it out? My address is ****************.

Best regards,

Abby McMillan

Chester looked at me. "Wow." he said. "That's scary." He bit into his cookie. 

"Well let's go to her house at around 11 PM, okay?" I said, nudging Chester, who had his chin on my shoulder while trying to read the email.

"Okay." he said, and went upstairs.

After a few hours

I went upstairs to find Chester. I opened the door leading to his room and I saw him on his bed and he was snoring softly. I chuckled and went to his side.

"Chesssterr." I say, shaking him slightly. "Whaaat?" he groaned, rolling over so his back faced me. I shook my head with a smile on my face.

"Get up." I say, lifting him up. I make him sit up and I start tickling him. "Aah! Dude! Stahahahap!" he says, or well, laughs. I laughed too and shook my head, still tickling him."No, this is too fun. And you're adorable." 

Chester looked at me, wide-eyed. 'What did you just say?" I felt my face heating up. 

"Uh, nothing." I said quickly. "Let's just go."

After like 10 minutes

The place wasn't far, surprisingly. I parked the car and got out, walking up to the front door. It was wood, and a brass number 14 was on it. I knocked, and a young woman with light blonde curly hair. "Hi, I'm Abby." she said. "You must be Chester and...Parker, it's you!" She opened the door wider and we stepped in.

It was her.

My ex.

Abby Selzar.

"IT'S YOU?" I shout, filled with rage. She's a crazy person. She tried to murder me! And now she lied about her last name in the email?!?!

"I'm sorry, Parker! We can start over! Please!" she pleaded.

"No." I say firmly. "Chester, let's go."

"But-"

"Chester."

"Okay."

I grab his hand and he walked with me towards the door. We turn toward the door, ready to leave, but Abby grabbed my free hand. "No! Don't go!"

"Why?"

"Just...Help me, then you can leave. I promise."

I was mad about it, but I agreed. "Let's go talk in your living room."

While we walked, I noticed that she kept moving closer to me and grabbing my hand. I was mad about this, of course. Was she really trying to get with me after I broke up with her?

 Chester jumped, and he grabbed my arm. I turned to him. "You okay?" 

He nods. "Yeah." He said that very shakily. I put my arm around his shoulder and he unknowingly puts his head on the side of mine. I chuckled. He was so cute. Abby looked at us with disgust. 

"Got a problem with this?" I say gruffly. She shouldn't mind what my friend---no, best friend, do together.

I guess Chester noticed that his head was on mine, because he moved away from me and said, "Parker! I'm sorry-I didn't mean to-uhh-umm-" I chuckled softly, putting my palm over his mouth.

"Shh, Chester, it's okay, it's okay." I said softly. That seemed to calm him down.

We finally got to the living room. I sat down on the couch and Chester sat next to me. I wrap my arms around him and push his head onto my shoulder, his face becoming a deep red. I laughed as he blushed madly.

"It's okay," I said. "You're allowed to do this. I'm fine with it." He relaxed, but the blush never left his face. Abby had the same disgusted look on her face. 

"So, what's been going on here?" I asked as my little Chester picked his head up off my shoulder and put his arm across my shoulders. I squeeze him tighter, showing him that he has no need to be afraid. I know that he's scared about what's here.

Abby shoots Chester a death glare. "Well, it all started a few days ago..."

-----------------------------------

HAHAHAHAHHAHA CLIFF HANGER.  Are you enjoying the story, pups? 

~Luna~