3 | ❝You Were Always Cute❞ - Seunghan

╔══════════════════╗
HONG SEUNGHAN
✎ iii. you were always cute
╚══════════════════╝

"Look at your little hoodie! You were so small!!" You gasped, an infectious smile plastered on your face as you flipped through pages of an old photo book from the mid 2000s

"Look at your little hoodie! You were so small!!" You gasped, an infectious smile plastered on your face as you flipped through pages of an old photo book from the mid 2000s. Seunghan's childhood was documented in candid photos, starting from when he was a newborn to around his 8th birthday.

You were having the time of your life adoring how precious your boyfriend was as a baby. Seunghan, however, not so much. He had been hiding his face in his hands for the last 5 minutes, begging you to stop just seconds after his mother had handed you the book. He dug his head into your shoulder, getting clingier out of embarrassment. You paid no attention to him, only having eyes for the much smaller and just-as-adorable baby version of him in the photos.

"Y/n, can't you do this later?" He whined, clinging to your shirt as if he could possibly change how you spent the next hour.

"Nope— Oh my God! You're so cute!" You squealed this time, eager to hold the page open for Seunghan to also see the photo. The date tells you he was around 2 at the time, playing with toy dinosaurs in an adorable fuzzy onesie pyjama set. The sight was almost too precious for you to handle. Seunghan took a glance at it before hiding his face even more into your shoulder.

"Stop looking at them." He pleaded in a weak mumble, his voice almost completely muffled by your shirt. You giggled, reaching your hand up to stroke his hair, gently leading his head to lay in your lap.

"Just 5 more minutes. They're too cute not to!" You bargained with him, flipping to the next page with a grin. He sighed and closed his eyes, resting the back of his hand over his forehead, trying to relax while simultaneously staying tense each time he hears you react to another photo.

"Some things never change, huh?" You commented, attentively looking at the next photo— 4 year old Seunghan holding a packet of jellies in his hand, smiling happily at the camera. "You're so precious." You gushed, your hands combing through his hair, messing it up slightly and causing him to groan and swat your hand away.

"It's been 5 minutes." Seunghan said as soon as the second passed, quickly snatching the photobook out of your hand. You frowned. You would have rather spent another 20 minutes looking through them, as you knew his mother had several other photobooks of the same sort. But, your boyfriend was stubborn. You let up for now, mentally reminding yourself to look through the rest of the photos later after dinner.

Seunghan placed the book back on the shelf with the others, glaring at you once you made eye contact with him. You cracked a smile at him and opened your arms.

"You haven't changed at all, you know?" You reminded him as he settled back on the couch.

"I have! I'm much better now." He pouted. He let you wrap your arms around him, but he didn't hug you back, still putting up an annoyed front. He wasn't really that mad at you, just incredibly embarrassed. There were all kinds of photos saved in those books— and even though he knew you were the one, it didn't cut back on the humiliation.

"I was going to see them sooner or later." You persuaded him, kissing his cheek softly to try to cheer him up. It doesn't quite work as well as you would hope, though it does get you a reciprocated hug back.

He was pouty for the rest of the evening, sending you glances all through dinner and post-dinner board games as his mother and older brother teased him to no end. You heard endless stories about his childhood, both funny and heartwarming. It wasn't until you were getting ready for bed that Seunghan seemed more cheerful.

"When we visit your parents... I'll get to look at your baby photos as well, right?" He asked while you were brushing your hair for bed. You looked up to the doorway of the guest room you'd be sleeping in, seeing Seunghan leaning against the doorframe.

You laughed, "Why? You barely let me look at yours."

He scoffed and walked closer to you, "I let you look at it for a long time!"

"10 minutes is not a long time." You corrected, "But, alright. I guess you can see my baby photos too. Why do you want to, though?"

"For the same reason you do, I guess. You're just cute." He said simply, smiling at you.

You were the one scoffing this time, turning your attention back to your hair, studiously ignoring your boyfriend as he gets even closer to you. He planted a kiss on your forehead silently before walking out of your room, mumbling a casual 'goodnight' and 'sleep well'. You shook your head with a smile, fondness for him bubbling up in your stomach

At times, Seunghan was the most attractive boy you had ever seen. He had smooth pickup lines for days, and was sweet enough to melt anyone's heart. But it was times like these that you liked a little more— when he showed his more vulnerable side. He got embarrassed and petty like any other person would, and you liked the reminder that you had that effect on him.

You were happy that Seunghan hadn't noticed the stack of photo books sitting on the bed. Once you were sufficiently ready for sleep, you dipped under the covers and grabbed the first one you were looking at, flipping back to the pages you left off on. And a thought came into your brain as you scanned over the last photos— it wasn't even a fair competition; Seunghan was objectively the cutest baby ever.