Chapter 19: Time to Be Back

{Y/n POV}

The birds are singing.

Flowers are blooming.

On days like this.

Kids like me...

Should have had a fun weekend!

I've been running and hiding for the past 7 hours with no rest. How come the guy who has been chasing still has the stamina to even move that agile?! This guy is no joke and not a psycho either, cause all of his moves seem so well-planned. There must at least be a time when he makes a mistake. 

"Peekaboo!"

I felt shivers down my spine after hearing that voice out of the blue. In the blink of an eye, I make the decision to back away and shoot some shade of crystal spears immediately. However, everything I had done ended up being futile attempts, in front of him, my attacks were just playthings. 

"Are you done? I had fun going around the city but it's getting boring... I should go ahead and capture you before she..."

"Before what?"

The man's words are interrupted by a familiar figure lurking in the dark corner of the alley I'm in. That looks like the person that was chasing last time. 

"Yep, she's here." The man released an annoyed sigh as if he disliked the fact that someone else came to help.

"Don't do that, you've taken too much time. Even if he's that easy to capture, you're basically giving him a 'Retry' option." Said the girl, pulling the string of her bow behind me.

They began having a serious, debate-style conversation with each other.

At a glance, this may seem like a great opportunity to run away, but after double-checking, I noticed that they had both their weapons aimed at me. So, I don't think I would be able to escape that easily. But, getting clues of Kiana's whereabouts is also part of my plans, so maybe getting captured isn't all that bad after all?

"Alright alright. well, look at him now. We could just go and capture him without any difficulty."

"That's beside my point, but yes, we've wasted too much time."

Well, guess this is it. I'm going to get brought back to someone's base so that I can get checked out or something. I'll perhaps experience some kind of torture there before getting torn of my right to remain silent.

In my case, the big guy just handled me like a little kid before tossing me to the lady in the dark. This encounter might actually come in handy to get closer to one another. Bond is necessary to get information from one another. Simply put, people are usually more open to who they trust rather than who they like more, so I guess I'd better earn some trust.

I got carried like a bag of sack

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked.

"Why do I have to answer?"

She replied in a calm manner. I can't believe she's able to carry me single-handedly, and without breaking a sweat. What a terrifying person, although... I've seen a lot do similar things in the past. Like Durandal lifting a car and throwing it to the Honkai Beast as if it were just a small block of steel.

"Well, can't we try getting friendlier to each other?" 

"Certainly, if circumstances differ, I would love to play around with you."

What does she mean by that? Either way, I'm getting tossed into a cell soon, so it'd be better to memorize the entire structure of this location. 

"So, miss. Who's your...master?"