Henna party 2

Sadiq

So today also happens to be saif's soon to be brides henna party the same party I surprisingly dropped Sarah in oblivious that I'll be here later on.

Hold on I knew saif was getting married in like two weeks I had no idea the festivities had already started 2 weeks to the daurin aure, but here we are with work and all I haven't had time to process everything and I kind of forgot until later this evening when they literally stopped to pick me up to join the convoy and attend the henna party.

Okay back to reality what just happened.
I turn my head to meet a pair of fiery eyes one too familiar. Okay but what is she angry about it's her fault she bumped into me not mine.

" kaiiiii oh my god"
She wails as she looks at the mess she made and I dart my eyes to meet hers.

"Noor saed dantatta am starting to think that your the one stalking me instead"
I smirk as she assesses her thoughts, as if trying to play her words as cards and playing safe at that.

" you just happen to be everywhere I am what a coincidence"
She challenges and I smirk again already knowing where this was heading and not wanting to continue.
Funny how times change in a couple of days from being madly interested in this heartthrob to just being infatuated and knowing me I wasn't going to push and take it farther than it was already.

So I say
" it was nice catching up"
Then walk away no I strutted. Just like she did.

————————————————————————

Noor

What in actually he'll just happened, here I was just in awe . Like dammnnn what just happened again I thought to myself.

Am I just tripping or did this guy sadiq who I have been avoiding because he wouldn't stop disturbing me just walked out of me like he didn't just surprise me at my office just two days ago.

To say I was confused and down cast was to say the least, so what do I do I put it behind me and just walk away, I walk away confused but somehow happy happy that this was somehow over what ever this was.

So does that mean he lost interest I think to myself, many girls would be sad even depressed about this situation but me I was relived confused but relieved I smile and walk back to my group to continue chatting away with Yasmin while my henna dries.

The groom's men party arrive even sadiq is with them , I couldn't be bothered I smiled danced an cheered as saif sprayed a whopping 10 million on Yasmin while we all laughed and congratulated her and saif.

The event goes by with me an azeeza dancing the night away care free the gazes in the crowd while we sing along with nameji. It was really a blast.

Later in the evening

" Kai azeeza I'll see you tomorrow it's already 9pm I'll get going home before baba ya turo ya mo with police and security officers. "

" ok to noori I'll call you to check up when you arrive, I had so much fun "
She says wiggling her eyebrows referring to her meet up with Abdullah earlier

" azeeza you have to brief me later fah every last detail"

" okay, okay I will now get going kafun ya mo ya chai ne nai bad influence"
She says laughing at her own words but she's right we don't want another lecture for ya Mahmoud and how we should stop our late night antics.

" alright I'll head on see you soon"

I say as she escorts me to the gate where my ride is currently picking me up

——————————————————————

The car ride back to aso drive is short as expected and I find out that baba had already arrived due to the cars all parked already so I don't even waste time in following the back door in hopes to not get confronted.

" Noor"
Baba calls the moment I enter, no tip toe through the backdoor I mentally palm my face as I answer.

"Naam baba"
I still haven't seen him so am guessing he saw me through the cctv which means he's in the Palour waiting for me.
I remove my Valentino heels as I drop them on the floor of the living room making my way to
baba's personal palour.

" Asalamulaikum"
I say as I enter the palour

" wallaikumusalam noori na, come seat here"
He says being extra cheery today, I immediately say oh oh in my head this can't be good I think as I seat opposite baba.

" noori I'll like to discuss something with you okay I hope you'll understand and take it as qadr( fate) inshallah koh noori er babanta"

If I thought otherwise that just confirmed my doubts again oh oh .

" okay baba"
I say motioning for him to continue

" Noor I have a proposal for you but im not forcing you to say yes nor disagree I want you to think it through but know that I haven't ask you for a favor ever and I'll never propose anything that'll hurt you cause I do love you noori, and you know that I just hope you do consider and make your daddy proud koh noori"

Okay this is weird he just said noori more than three times during this conversation so I'm actually scared as to what he's proposing

" baba I'll consider anything you tell me cause I know it's from a place of love daddy na"
I say composing myself

" Noor I want you to get married to my friends son"

And just like that the soil under my feet or abi the tiles shake and am swallowed by it, what w-what did he just say. I can't even breathe well and am not just overreacting.

" b-baba meh ka Che"
I ask again to solidify what ever he just said

" eh noori I'll love for you to settle down, your not getting any younger you'll be 23 in about three months, you have a degree and as well as a masters which I didn't stop you from picking your own course when you told me you'll study graphic design and marketing and when you wanted to offer a masters in fashion I obliged willing knowing thats what you wanted to do, but noori I want to see you happy starting your own family, I might not even live to see you and Mahmoud's kids so what's the point in all this money, status and fame I've gathered noori if I can't see my own two children get married"

Okay now I know his exaggerating he's not even that old so why is he talking about death. But I know baba he would stop till I agree to his conditions so I begrudgingly accept halfhearted but I don't tell him that I say

" Toh baba I'll think about it inshallah and if allah wishes then I'll accept it as qadr and learn to find sabr In my life if that what you truly want"
I say that last piece as a guilt statement to somehow coax my way out of this situation this hadn't been the first time actually I know it might not be the last time baba is always talking like this at least every year since I turned 20 and started my masters.

So who was I to think that I'll make it past the year without this talk again but somehow this time it's different and I notice it lacks the playfulness it once did the following years so I play my cards right hence that statement to stay safe and not accept without thinking of every possible way to remove my self from this situation.
" Toh Noor sleep on it and I hope you do find your answers"

By sleep on it he means talk with your mom, and tell me about it In no more than a week.
And if am lucky like the previous times it plays out in my favor and I'll worry about it next year.

I exit the palour and head to my room to take my clothes off and change into my night wear, take a relaxing rose infused bubble bath,pray isha which I haven't done, and then finally fac the matter at hand tomorrow with my mom cause I can't even dear it today am so tired already.