Noor

Noor's pov

I knew guys like sadiq , as a matter of fact I know sadiq Mustapha shagari the legendary Abuja heartthrob and professional play boy .
Ain't know how am getting myself involved with him and his clique.

I have been single for all the 22 years of my life cause men will honestly stain your white . Little did I know that being as single as I am, I am also unofficially Abuja's most single "chick"
Like people have audacity honestly.

Sha here I was outside nosta cafe literally dragging azeeza with me after that pompous sadiq asked for my number like who the heck does he think he is just approaching me like that , doesn't he know that I'm also unapproachable like is it that he didn't get the memo.
What ever it is I knew coming to this place this late by 9pm on a freaking Friday was a very bad idea but as always azeeza being the big baby that she is was craving a milkshake , it's like she always needs milk in her system or something.
Back to reality now , why does she look like she's ready to kill me and end my life like azeeza dey calm down it's not that deep.

Why are you giving the "it's not that deep expression" Noor . And you totally ignored sadiq you actually were somehow rude fah.
She said giving me a quizzical look.

"Azeeza you know I hate people like that that think that they can just approach you out of know where and ask for your number and are you forgetting it's sadiq of all people his a serial flirt"
I said with my hands on my hip sending a confrontational look her way.

I know girl but when are you actually going to date anyone like , I know you Noor you'll rather be single forever and that's not an option baby girl

" Toh azeeza you nko, how is Nadeem ko kun rabu. I see you already asking about Abdullah we both know you know all his friends fah su saif,Ahmad even oumar isn't he dating your cousin asiya?"

I ask knowing fully well where this conversation it heading I lead us the the parking lot to find my white Mercedes' g wagon.

Noor don't change the subject I know what your doing na san ke fah . So know what's your plan, are you going to ignore him forever cause kin san sadiq he won't stop especially after the way you responded

" let's just drop you home I'll think about that later am so exhausted fah, I had over 30 clients today for bespoke dresses its like akwai aure a gidan su sanusi lamido .

I'm actually not lying I am exhausted but I also want this conversation to end just as it has started it should just end sadiq can pack one side please .

Am letting it go just because you say your tired but am calling first thing in the morning Noor ke na gina??

" yes now go inside where already here I'll see you tomorrow koh"

And just like that she didn't even notice we had arrived at asokoro specially the sheriff monguno house hold, azeeza said her good Bye's and stepped out while I headed on another 5 to 8 minutes drive to aso drive.

—————————————

"Asalamulaikum"
I said as I stepped inside the house through the main door knowing fully well that baba hasn't returned from his meeting in the Vila so I should be good for now sha .

Walaikumusalam habibi, ya kike how was work stressful right ??

Mummy asked as she wrapped a hand around me pulling me into a hug , mummy can be a little extra sometime one will think she hasn't seen me in 3 years with that type of bear hug but literally I saw her this afternoon as she claimed that she wanted a new dress for a weeding we where attending Later this week . she walked into my shop but we all know that she just missed me and I miss my mummy right back.
Speaking of my mummy she always smells like turaren wuta and humra I don't know how she does it but she's always smelling like oud fah but it's not surprising with all her millions of bottles she has stocked in her closet 🤣.

"Yes it was stressful but alhamdullilah for AC and everything I would have melted away . Abuja is so hot mummy"

If you don't know already I'm a drama queen and love my moms attention actually I crave it 🤣

Zo habibi you look famished I asked the cook to make your favorite pasta Alfredo with Parmesan chicken. Your hungry right?

" of course I am mummy I can't say no to pasta Alfredo and you know that"

Ok Habibi just slow down maybe freshen up a bit—

She didn't even get to finish that statement I was already across the room digging into my already served bowl of pasta.

She just let out a chuckle and went back upstairs probably to read Quran before sleeping.

I finished eating my food had a glass of iced cold mint mocktail and headed upstairs with all my load. Ya Mo wasn't also back home am guessing as I peered into his room which was empty so I headed up another flight of stairs to my room .

The dantatta residence abi mansion in aso drive is a three story English manor style building with a foyer, huge backyard and garden where intimate events took place like picnics and family reunions, and my personal favorite spot the rooftop over looking the city from here you could see tiny flickering lights cutting across asokoro, wuse, Maitama etc but at night time was when the rooftop came alive , it being so peaceful was the main reason I loved it so much but recently hadn't had as much time to myself as I would have wanted.

So yes you guessed right I made myself a cup of hot chocolate after a long relaxing bubble bath , grabbed a pair of pink silky pj sets consisting of a pair of trousers a long sleeved top and a matching robe and head up to clear my head.

The rooftop was adorned with tiny fairy lights that where turned on. In the night so I sat under the small gazebo with a soft pillow and my warm blanket cause know way I was going to freeze to death in this harmattan weather.
I thought about everything and nothing as I star gazed into the night, just as I finished my hot chocolate the gates opened and I had a clear view from up here as baba entered with his convoy knowing fully well that he was somewhere in the middle black Range Rover's I made my way down to my bedroom .
Baba will be tired by now so I'll greet him in the morning before going out to work. And yess I work on Saturday's too but I'll take running my own empire over a 9-5 job anytime any day .

I made sure to call Susan my personal assistant to check in on my schedule tomorrow and the clients I'll be receiving before calling it a night and burying myself in the unhealthy amount of pillows I have on my bed while snuggling into my fluffy pink duvet

Night night loves .