Chapter 6

Gwendolyn's POV

Aunt Maddie was sitting abnormally still, with her blue eyes wide open, staring at nothing, her hands holding on the ends of the table like her life depends on it, and the color was drained off her face, making her look like a ghost.

"Aunt Maddie? OH GOSH MUM WHAT HAPPENED TO HER? AUNT MADDIE! DO YOU HEAR ME??" I reached to touch her hand but mum pulled me back by the waist.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!"

Caroline started crying.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Nick shouted, hugging his sister in a n attempt to calm her down.

"WE SHOULD CALL 911! (A/n I don't know if they use 911 in England :P) "MUM DO SOMETHING!"

"EVERYBODY CALM DOWN. She is okay, she is just having a vision." Mum said. "It will be over soon.

"Are you sure?" Aunt Maddie's cold, empty stare was scaring me.

"It's cold all of a sudden." Nick whispered. "Do you feel it too?"

Caroline was sniffling in nicks embrace. "Make her stop please." She said while burying her head in her brother's chest."

"LUCY!" Someone screamed suddenly. We jumped scared before we realized that this someone was aunt Maddie. It really was cold in here now. I looked around, but there weren't any ghosts in the room. "Lucy, my precious angel. She is leading me to a tree. It's a tree with red seeds. Where is she now? I can't see her. There is something there, under the tree. It's a sapphire. An egg... A sapphire egg. It's so pretty! Now it's breaking. There is something in there, a bird, a crow. It's jumping on the tree." She started giggling, but her eyes remained the same, and her hands kept holding on the table.

She stopped laughing again. "Now I'm flying, I'm flying with the crow to the stars. There is a tower there. A huge tower, with a big clock on the top. Someone is sitting on the clock. Get down little girl!" Now I could hear the fear in her voice clearly. "She will fall, what is she doing up there? A big bird is going in circles above her! It will attack her! GWENDOLYN!"

I couldn't take it anymore, I broke out my mum's grasp and grabbed aunt Maddie by her shoulders while shaking her. "I'm here aunt Maddie, look at me!"

Aunt Maddie turn to look at me. Her face was back to normal. "Oh my angel." She said. "It was very dangerous to climb up that tower."

"Are you okay now?" I looked at my mother. "Are you sure she is okay?"

"It was just a vision." She said calmly. "Everything is fine now."

"No it's not. It was a bad vision." Aunt Maddie said. "Well, the beginning was nice."

Caroline wasn't crying anymore and she was standing next to Nick, both of them staring at aunt Maddie. "It was so creepy..." Nick said and Caroline nodded.

Aunt Maddie turned to mum and said; "I saw Lucy, Grace. She hasn't changed at all since then. This beautiful smile..." Mum's eyes were glossy and she looked like she was ready to break down crying any minute now.

"I didn't understood the rest though..." she continued. "A sapphire egg, a crow, Gwendolyn on the clock and then this big bird.. Did you understand anything?" 

Mum sighed. "Of course not aunt Maddie. It's your visions after all..." and she sat on a chair, her elbows resting on her thighs, her hands massaging her temples. 

"I don't understand them either though.." aunt Maddie said. "Did you write down what i was saying so we can tell everything to your mother?"

"No, I didn't".