𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐝

We were in Glee and Mr Schue wrote "Ballad" on the board. "Ballad. From the Middle English, balade. Who knows what this word means?"

Kurt and Rachel raised their hands but Britt answered "A male duck"

"No, sweetie that's a Mallard" I told my slightly scatterbrained friend.

Mr Schue gave her a confused look before calling on Kurt.

"A ballad is a love song"

"Sometimes, but they don't always express love. Ballads are stories set to music which is why they're the perfect storm of self-expression. Stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way. Okay, now, sectionals are in few weeks and there's a new rule this year, we have to perform a ballad."

"Looks like Rachel's weekly letters to the Ohio Show Choir Committee payed off!" I said sarcastically.

"Okay. So here's our assignment for the week: I'm going to pair you off, and I want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look then right in the eye, find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it"

"I pick Quinn" Finn said.

"No, no, no too easy, Your partners will be chosen by fate!" We all oohed in excitement "I put all your names in this hat, whoever you pick is your partner."

"I bet the duck is in the hat" Britt said quietly.

"Mr Schue there is and uneven number of us here so who will sing with them?" Santana asked.

"Um... I guess I'll just have to put my name in the hat for now." Mr Schue added anothe piece iof paper into the hat "Who's up first?"

Puck went and got Mercedes.

Artie got Quinn.

Finn got Kurt. "Mr Schue I don't know if I can do this with another guy."

"The fates have spoken, Finn"

Tina got Matt

Tanna got Britt

Mike pulled out my name.

"Looks like I get you Mr Schue" Rachel said standing up.

"Uh... you know what? Maybe we should just not do the assignment"

"The fates have spoken Mr Schue" Finn reminded him.

Artie asked if he could clarify what kind of songs we should sing.

"Why don't you let Mr. Schuester and I demonstrate. Brad, "Endless Love" in B-flat, please. It's my favorite duet"

"I really don't think that's an appropriate song, Rachel"

"Why? It's a great song, and it's a perfect ballad"

"Yeah. I really like this song, Mr. Shue" Finn said, obviously trying to get back at him for making him sing with Kurt.

They started singing and I leaned my hand on my chin, maybe I did like Mike that way, if so ballad week couldn't have come at a better time, I began staring at Mike trying to find out if I did like him when I refocused on the performance. Oh no I should have known this would happen, Rachel tends to fall for any boy who sings with her, for example when we were kids we would go the a singing camp and Rachel did a duet with a boy and fell hopelessly in love with him, until she came back to school in September to fall for one Finn Hudson. For a girl who has only ever made out with Puck, she sure had an interesting love life.