Hiding away

...

"I think I want to see Norman."

Alex wanted to throw up right then And there.

...

"You- you what?" Alex just prays that she misheard norma. She wouldnt do that, she wouldnt.

Right?

Norma can only keep a deep frown on her face. She looks up at alex with tears in her eyes, although she was secretly praying alex never heard her either. "Im sorry." She whispers, her sniffles easily being one of the worst sounds on the planet to alex. "I do."

"Okay." He says calmly, trying to keep his composure. "What's bringing this up?"

"I never told him." She murmurs.

"About the baby?"

"No. Never. I want him to know, Alex. He's my son."

"I know." He replies, his hand on Norma's stomach. "I would just never forgive myself if you both got hurt."

"Norman wouldn't hurt me. Ever."

All Alex could do was stay silent at her statement. Norma didn't want to say anything either, but the thought still lingered in her mind.

"If you really want to see him, then that's what we'll do."

"Really?"

"Well, do you?"

"No." She squeaks.

"Norma-"

"I just miss him, okay? It's stupid but- I feel bad for starting over without him, you know? I want him to know about the baby."

"It's not stupid. This is a big thing you're hiding, you have to let him know." Alex sighs. "If you really want to see him, then that's what we'll do."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I want you to be happy. And if this can bring you even a little bit of peace, then we'll do it."

"I love you." She sighs back, her arms instantly being wrapped around Alex.

"Just- promise me something."

"What?"

"If we see him, we just tell him. And we don't take any risks."

"I promise." She sighs.

Alex smiles softly, his fingers intertwined in Norma's hair. She laid her head down on Alex's chest the way he liked it, her hair close enough to his nose that he could smell her sweet conditioner. "Then I guess we're seeing Norman."

Part of Alex knew this was a bad idea, but who was he to intervene? Nobody can get in between Norma and Norman, everyone knew that. Part of him felt scared, was he really going to let her do this? He wanted to say no, but he couldn't. He could imagine Norma's heart break in his mind, those small pouts she gives and how silent she goes when she's sad is enough to break anyone's heart. He hated it more than words. But he also mostly hated the people around her for causing her such pain. He didn't want to be one of those people again, not again. And if keeping her happy means making what could easily be the worst decision ever, then what does he have to stay about it? All he has to do in pine view is just stand back and nod anyways, it could be that complicated.

Oh what am I saying? He thought. This is Norman, that asshole is going to make this much harder than it needs to be.

At least seeing Norma's soft smile made the decision worth it. All Alex had to do was just pray it goes well.