Bethany.

((Bethany's POV -present-))

Me and my big sister Hailey are playing Barbie. I get to be Barbie, as always, and Hailey is Raquel. Something seems weird with Hails recently. She seems sadder then usual. Mama is making me a grilled cheese sandwich in the kitchen, and me and Hailey have moved into the living room to play. "Raquel?! Ken?! How could you! I loved you Ken, and I see you giving her flowers in the English classroom!" I say dramatically as Barbie. I wait for Hailey's response. She's just sitting there, staring at the ceiling. "Hailey?" I try to get her attention. She keeps staring at the wall. "HAILEY BO BAILEY?!" I scream. Hailey jolts back to reality. "Oh, uh... I'm sorry Bethy, what just happened??" She asks me. She looks so tired. Mama told me that November is a hard time for her. I don't know why. "We don't have to play dolls. Do you wanna help me with my Halloween costume?? I'm being Bingo from Bluey!" I tell my big half sister. Hailey nods and smiles. "Of course." We begin to stand up but we get interrupted by my other half-sibling, Zander opening the front door. He looks as tired as Hailey. "How did it go with Luke?" Asks Hailey. Zander doesn't respond. He just goes upstairs and slams his door. "THAT'S YOUR FAULT, IDIOT!" Hailey yells to Zander from the stairs. I'm confused. "Are you okay, Hailey? You should sleep." I tell Hailey. She stares at me. "Bethy, I need to go talk to Zander. Ask Mom if Dad to help you with your Bingo costume." Hailey says in an annoyed voice, and goes upstairs. I sigh. They never want to play with me anymore . I don't know why. It's so unfair! It's all because their music friends are cooler than me. I wish I was older so they would play with me more.

((Hey squad fam 😏! This is the shortest chapter yet -316 words- and I apologize for how it isn't as long as other chapters in "Shooting Stars", but the next one shall be longer 😌))