𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐦

⚛︎

STICK SEASON - NOAH KAHAN

AS MY PLANE LANDED IN LONDON, my nerves began to settle in. Romeo and I have been apart for seven months, the longest we'd done. It took a lot of patience and communication, but we made it work. 

We both believed long distance worked; he knows his parents did it, and I've heard plenty of stories from each of them about it. 

I looked out the jet's window and saw the tall brunette standing, leaning against his car. My heartbeat increased faster and faster. I couldn't wait any longer to get off this plane and jump into my boyfriend's arms.

Romeo shifted on his feet as my plane opened the door. I grabbed my bags and thanked everyone before rushing out. 

I ran toward Romeo, dragging my luggage behind me. His smile was radiant, and his posture was opening. Romeo placed the bouquet on the hood of his car. I dropped my bags as I continued on my running path. 

I jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist as he embraced me tightly.  The scent of his cologne was enough for me to be satisfied. He peppers my neck with kisses. My fingers tickle the back of his neck. 

I slide down his body, my arms still wrapped around his neck. "Hi," he smiles. "Hi baby," I look up at him. "I'm so glad you're home," he caresses my face. "Me too," I bring him closer to me. 

He kisses my lips, something we've longed for. "Let's grab your bags, yeah?" he asks. "Sure," I wrap my arm around his. "I missed you so much," he kisses my head. "I missed you more," I lean into him. 

We drag my bags back to the car, Romeo loading them into the trunk. He rounds the car fast to grab the flowers and open my door. "For you," he smiles. "Babe," I poke his side. 

Romeo gets in the car and immediately grabs my hand, "How was New York?" he asks, "It was good; I spent time with your family, of course," I laugh. "I know, Harper wouldn't stop bragging about her Y/N time. Quite jealous," Romeo kisses the top of my hand. 

"But everything else was alright. It wasn't the same without you," I squeeze his hand. "I'm just glad you're back, my love. I never want to leave your side again," he says as he looks at me. "Not for a long time," I assure him. 

"Did you do something new to your hair?" I push his hood off, "It's brown," he tells me. "Mm, I love it," I smile. "I just love it when it's buzzed. Either way, though," I trail off as I stare at him. "You alright?" he asks. "Mhm, just wondering how I hit the jackpot with you," I tell him.

"I hit the jackpot with you, baby. I'm so lucky," his thumb caresses the top of my hand. "And to think, my mum set us up," he chuckles. "Thankful that I'm a model, huh?" I tease. "Definitely, for many different reasons," he winks at me. 

"Hey!" I swat at his chest. "Just saying!" he laughs more.

⚛︎