Chapter 12

"Mom? Dad? Conor?" I looked around me, but couldn't make out where I was. It was so dark, I could only see a few inches away from me. In those few inches where my sight was clear, was a knife. "Who's there?"

The knife was getting closer and closer to me by the second, but no matter how much I backed away, it seemed I could never get away from it.

It rose in the air and went for my neck, a hand being placed on my neck at the same time. I could already see the figure of a man in front of me. "I told you I would kill you." Chase? "You thought I was kidding when I said that. You of all people should know that I never kid."

I tried backing away more, but the figure's grip on my neck was strong by this time. "Why are you doing this? What did I ever do to you?"

The figure laughed and moved closer, now revealing his face. It was definitely Chase. "Don't worry. I'll make your death a fast and painless one." He lifted the knife, ready to stab me, which is when I woke up.

I sat up on the bed, burying my face in my hands, trying to fight the tears from that horrible nightmare. Once I had wiped my eyes dry, I looked up and noticed I wasn't in my dorm. There was an IV in my arm, a blood pressure machine next to me, and a nurse standing at the end of the bed. "Good morning, Ally."

I shook my head and moved my hair away from my face. "Can you tell me why I'm here please? I don't remember a thing."

She nodded and went through some papers on a clipboard at the end of the bed. "Apparently you fainted last night after performing. You hit your head on the floor pretty bad, but not enough for you to need stitches. How are you feeling right now?" I was about to answer when Conor came in. "I'll come back in a few minutes so you two can have some time alone." She placed the clipboard back at its original spot and walked out the door.

I layed back in the bed, trying to stop a headache from coming on. "Concon, what happened? I seriously don't remember a thing from last night."

He sat on the bed and took my hand in his. "Chase saw us hugging backstage and thought something else. You were trying to convince him that nothing happened, but he didn't believe you. You were about to leave with him when he confronted me."

I tried to recall everything that happened last night, and I did remember the last thing I heard sounded like a punch. "I heard someone punch someone else before I blanked out. Did he hurt you?" He shook his head. "What the hell happened then?"

"He did try to punch me, but I moved away just in time and he ended up punching the wall. He made a huge hole in the wall, which made me almost wet myself." I couldn't help but laugh. "I'm glad you get a laugh out of my cowardness."

"I'm laughing because I know you did wet yourself! You're just trying to hide it!"

"I'll have you know I haven't wet myself since last month." I widened my eyes at how serious he sounded when he said that. "You didn't let me finish. Since last month, fifteen years ago!" I rolled my eyes and sat up to rest my head on his shoulder. "The doctor said you can leave in a few hours, but you'll have to take it easy these next few days."

"Do you think I'll still be able to go back to Malibu? My flight is in two days." He shrugged, which made me sigh. "Please tell me my parents don't know about all this."

He shook his head. "I rushed you over here before anyone else could notice what happened." At that moment, the doctor, the same one I had last time, came in. "Nice to see you again, Doc. What's the news?"

"The tests we did on her came back normal, so she'll be able to leave in a few minutes. I'm going to need her to take it easy these next few days. That means no performing and staying in your dorm to rest. Do you need an excuse note to show to your teachers?" I shook my head. "Well then, I guess that's all. I'll go check to see how your release papers are going."

"Before you do, I wanted to ask you something." He nodded, signaling for me to go ahead and ask. "I have a flight to Malibu set up in two days. Will I be able to go?"

"You will, but someone needs to go with you. Have you planned on having someone join you?" I shook my head.

I had planned on having Chase go with me because my family loved him. Seriously, I think my brothers love him more than me! They won't love him any longer when they find out what he's been doing, so I'm definitely not taking him with me. Plus, he might try something when we're over there or on our way.

"Someone was going to go with me, but I'm pretty sure he won't want to anymore."

"You'll need to find someone to replace him. I'm not going to let you get on a plane alone in the condition that you're in. You might feel faint during your flight, so please find someone else to join you." He waved goodbye and made his way out of the room.

I grabbed my phone from the table next to me and looked through all the messages I had. Most of them were from Chase, apoligizing for what happened last night and asking for me to forgive him. I deleted them all and read the rest of the messages that I had, which were all from my brother, asking at what time he should pick me up from the airport when I got to Malibu.

I replied to all his messages and put my phone back on the table. "Now what am I going to do?" I layed down, trying to think about all this, when something hit me. "Conor?"

He was sat on the couch next to me, probably trying to take a nap. "I'm asleep."

"If you were, you wouldn't have answered." He playfully sighed and stood up, letting out a little laugh. "I didn't give Chase his ticket to Malibu; it was supposed to be a surprise. Do you want to come with me?"

"Are you sure you want me to go? I don't want to be a bother or something. Plus, your family doesn't even know me."

"Then, you'll meet them! Come on! Trust me, you'll have an awesome time in Malibu! Pretty pretty pretty please come with me?"

He nodded and let out a sigh. "You know I can't say no to you, Ally." He sat next to me and held my hand in his. "First, answer just one little question." I nodded and gave him all my attention. "What's been going on between you and Chase?"

I sighed and tried to stop the tears from coming out of my eyes. "We've been fighting these past few days, and we barely talk to each other now. Also, he-"

"He what?"

I shook my head, stopping myself from continuing. "I can't tell you. I'm sorry."

"Ally, you know you can tell me everything. I want to know what's going on so I can find a way to help. Please, just tell me." Should I tell him? Or should I keep my mouth shut?

I thought back to what Chase had told me. 'If you tell anyone about this, I'll kill you.' I didn't want him to kill me, and I knew he would definitely go after anyone else that knew and kill them, too. I don't care about him anymore, but I'll have to pretend I do in order to protect myself and the people I love.

"Trust me Conor, it's better that you not know everything. Please understand that I'm doing this to protect you and the other people I love."

He let out a sigh and rested his hands on his knees. "Just promise me that you'll be alright, and you'll tell me everything soon?" I nodded my head. "Good. I'm going to check on that paperwork now. Why don't you change so I can take you back to uni?" I did as he told me and made my way out the door when I finished.

-----

I can't believe this has almost a thousand reads! You don't know how happy this makes me! :D

Thoughts? A few more votes and comments maybe? Thanks guys!

I love you all more than a fat kid loves cake! (: xx