𝗈𝗇𝖾 ⇝

𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝟏𝟐𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗

(covid didn't happen during this timeline!)

julianna's pov

summer was my favourite time of year, everything got brighter; your skin, your hair, your eyes, literally everything. i loved being able to swim whenever, since our new house has a pool. serena and i always do midnight swims, it's our favourite thing.

it's been 2 years since we moved here to miami, i'm gonna be a junior in the fall, serena's going to be a freshman, it's crazy. mom has a new job now, she's an IT manager putting us well off. she works hard and she's finally getting a break with her two daughters.

summer was special, to mostly everyone, but it was different here in miami for my mom and sister. our summer wasn't always like this back in kentucky. the summers we spent in kentucky weren't great. we didn't really do anything or spend time with each other, let alone have nice, long conversations.

they were just a reminder that dad wasn't with us and that hurt serena more than it hurt me. i always knew dad was a bad person, serena didn't. now, i do everything i can to protect her from all the bad things in the world.

i loved it here in miama. mom, serena and i are closer than ever, all my friends were here, life couldn't get any better. when we first moved here, i thought i wasn't going to be able to make any friends, but now i'm closer than ever with my friendgroup.

right now, i'm with my best friend amy, she's helping me pick an outfit for the yacht party tonight. she asks me for my opinion on something, making me snap out my day dream.

amy fisherman, was the girl i met my first day in freshman year. i was so scared, but she helped me find all my classes and anything else i needed. overtime, we became closer and closer and she introduced me to all her friends. now those idiots are my favourite people ever.

"what about this pink top and white skirt?" she asks me holding the clothes up in the air making me think about how it would look on my body. i think it would look good, so i smile and nod my head in approval of the outfit. amy puts them on my desk and lays on my bed next to me.

"so, any guys you think you might meet at the party tonight?" she asks while playing with my hair while i go on my phone to check instagram.

"hmm hopefully, i'm feeling spontaneous today. let's see where the night takes us." i look at amy and wink at her making her laugh.

we talk about the party until someone barges into my room. that person being bree, my other best friend. i met her through music club when we had to write our own songs. she was so sweet and soon became one of the closest people in my life.

"hey bree!!" amy exclaimed before getting up to hug her, the hugged and bree jumped on me to hug me.

"oh my god bree! it's so good to see you too." i say before laughing and bree suddenly gets up and turns the two of us.

"so plan for tonight? are we dressing slutty or cute and soft?" she asked, amy replied by saying "we're dressing slutty, julia is gonna be our little softie." i roll my eyes at the two of them before we all go back to talking about the party until it's time to actually start getting ready.

______________

it's about 6:33 pm now and bree is doing amy's make up, i wait for my makeup to be done and leave the room going to serena's room to annoy her, as always.

i walk into her room and see she's on her phone so i go to lay next to her and wrap my arms around her, "what do you want weirdo?" she asks shrugging my arms off of her.

"i just wanna spend some time with my little angellll," i say and drag the 'l' out and wrapping my arms around her again. i look up at her and remember her birthday is 2 days away.

"OOOO, ITS ALMOST SOMEONES BIRTHDAY." i shout before hugging her tightly and she laughs and smiles knowing how excited she is for her 15th birthday. she's getting so big and literally so fast.

"shut up, don't you have a party tonight?" she asks me changing the subject, "indeed i do, and as soon as i get home i will tell you everything." i wink at her before hugging her, saying my goodbyes and going back to my room to get my makeup done.

once bree finished my makeup we all got our outfits on and went downstairs to say goodbye to my mom and serena, "we're gonna head out now, i'll be home by 11, is that okay?" i ask my mom grabbing my coat and walking over to the island in the kitchen where bree and amy are sitting.

"'course it is baby, have fun! no drinking, no drugs and no hands, got it?" my mom says to us girls and we all nod with a smile, bree and amy say goodbye and go to get the car started, i turn to my mom and sister and say goodbye hugging them both then leaving, following bree and amy.

bree sits in the drivers seat and we put our bags in the passenger seat, amy and i sit in the back seats together because we didn't want each other to feel left out, amy connects her phone to the speaker and starts playing music.

now playing, "i was never there," by the weeknd, gesaffelstein.

"what makes a grown man wanna cry? (cry, cry, cry, cry)
what makes him wanna take his life? oh, oh, yeah (yeah),"

on the ride to the party, we talk about the dumbest things and who's gonna be the driver on the way back. we decided on myself driving back since i'd be the only one who wouldn't drink.

i knew i wouldn't be drinking because of my dad, i promised myself, and i promised mom that i would never touch alcohol, or drinks that contained alcohol. i didn't wanna end up like my dad.

once we got to the yacht party we made our way towards our friend group and half of them were already drunk, as suspected.

"HEY GUYS, WANT SOME OF 'DIS?" danny asked us as soon as we arrived and of course, bree went to go and get some, i greeted everyone before i told amy that i was going to explore the party and try to talk to some new people. she was okay with it and told me to call or text her if anything happened, which i promised i'd do.

everyone helped me get better with my social anxiety, especially danny. he helped me overcome it and made me more comfortable and confident.

while i was walking around, i saw somebody i've never seen at school before, i go up to him and start making conversation.

"hi! i'm julianna robin, you can call me julia, i've never seen you around here before?" i say while holding out my hand for him to shake.

_______________