We've got this far together... Why stop now? [Sequel to Boundaries?!] Chapter 30

The next few days went passed like a blur I’d seen Dylan three times since our date, he’d even taken me to the cinema one night just the two of us again. The sun was shining through my windows; I rubbed my eyes turning over slightly. I chucked on my dressing gown, making my way downstairs I walked into the kitchen. Everywhere was quite, like no one was in.

“Good morning Natasha.”

“Morning Aunt Cath, where is everyone?”

“They’ve all popped out for about an hour they’ll be back soon.” She told me, sitting down in the chair opposite the one I had sat down in. “Listen sweetie I’ve been waiting to catch you I want to talk to you.”

“Okay?” I said, confusion flooding me.

“We’ve only got a week and a half until school starts back up…” Cath started, I nodded my head.

“And I have to leave.” I finished her sentence. “I know Aunt Cath and I’m prepared to leave two days before school starts up. That leaves me with a week before I have to go, I really appreciate you having me for the summer, you have no idea how good it feels to be away. As much as I don’t want to go back I know I need to so thank you.”

Standing up from my seat I made my way back upstairs and into the bathroom. After I was out of the shower, I opened the bathroom door, everything was still quite. Running into my bedroom in just my towel I shut the bedroom door.

“Wow.”

I spun around, gripping the towel tighter.

“Dylan! What on earth are you doing in my room?!” I yelled, aware of the fact he was staring at me.

“I… I er… Cath told me you were upstairs, I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out?”

“Sure, I’m just gonna go back into the bathroom and get changed.” I muttered, grabbing the clothes I’d put out to change into. I practically ran into the bathroom, getting dressed as quickly as possible.

“I’m ready when you are.” I told him, as I walked back into the room.

“Good, let’s go!” He jumped up, grabbing my hand pulling me out with him.

It didn’t take long before we were walking through a park to get to our ‘destination’ apparently.

“How long have you got left here?” Dylan asked, holding my hand still.

“About a week, I’ve got to go back and go back to school ready for the last few exams and stuff.” I muttered, not wanting to look at him. “I don’t want to leave though; I’m going to miss you guys. Especially the times we’ve been hanging out together.”

“You’ll miss me then huh?” Dylan asked, stopping at the edge of the park. Turning me to face him, he tilted my chin up.

“More than what you’ll imagine, who’s going to occupy my mind with their amazing guitar skills not to mention some singing.”

I didn’t get to mention anything else before his lips were on my own. My hands broke free of his grip to run through his hair. His own hands wrapping around my waist, pulling me closer to him so there was no space between us.

“I’m going to miss you too, this summer has got to top everything else that could happen around here.” He told me, his face just inches from my own. “I hope you’re going to be okay with me visiting you, because I think I’m going to have to feed my Tash fix.”

“Now that is going to be definitely okay with me, I couldn’t ask for anything better at the moment.”

Dylan ended up taking me back to his house to hang out some more, watching movies while eating popcorn. It was getting late when we finally finished watching the last movie in the pile that Dylan had set out. I yawned, covering my mouth with my hand; I lifted my head from Dylan’s shoulder.

“Tired?” He asked, laughing slightly. He laid down pulling me with him, resting my head on his chest I could feel myself starting to doze.

“Hey Tash?”

“Mmmm…”

“What would you say if I told you that these past few weeks hanging out with you have been amazing?”

“That they’ve been amazing for me as well why?” I muttered, lifting my head slightly.

“I want you to be my girlfriend. I know you’re leaving in a week but we’ll still see each other it’s not as if we live thousands of miles apart. Besides I really do like you and I don’t want this to be the end of everything. What do you say?” Dylan asked, his cheeks turning a faint pink.

“You want me to be your girlfriend?” I asked.

He nodded his head; I could feel him shaking gently.

“Yes, Dylan I will be your girlfriend.” I told him, a smile appearing on my face as well as his.

He didn’t say anything else, his head moved down slightly as he kissed me lightly. We relaxed back, settling into each others embrace once more. I fell asleep before I could say anymore, but I knew I had a huge smile on my face.