Preview

A girl ran through a forest trying to get away from the people chasing her. Her long white hair flowed behind her as she ran faster. "There she is!" She hears someone shout behind her. "Please no." She pleads closing her eyes and picking up her speed. "Get her!" Another shout. "I will not be caught!" She tells herself. The only thing she had on her was her scythe which was retracted into a staff and a necklace around her neck. Some of her chasers had bows and arrows and fired them at her grazing her, tearing her clothes, and cutting her skin. "Aim for her legs!" She hears one shout and she continues dodging the arrows as best as she can while also receiving many cuts from the arrows. She looks back and sees no one so she sighs and slows down thinking she lost them and looks around seeing a clearing in the distance. She stops running altogether and just when she thinks she is safe an arrow comes out of nowhere and stabs her in the chest causing her to let out a cry and stumble back. 

She rips the arrow out and makes a break for the clearing unsure why. Another arrow stabs her leg causing her to fall she looks back scared seeing the people cheering and she scrambles to get up and continues running, eventually making it to the clearing leaving a blood trail behind. She looks behind her and continues running, unfortunately, since she wasn't paying attention she failed to see the cliff and ran off of it into the forest below. The white-haired girl felt her heart leap out of her chest as she saw the trees getting closer. She fell through the trees which broke her fall however she hit multiple tree branches and hit her head when she fell and was knocked unconscious. 

A blonde-haired boy was walking through the forest trying to find an animal for meat along with his pig companion when they heard a thud. "What was that?" The pig asks, oh yeah, the pig spoke English. "I don't know but we should probably go check it out." The blonde says, walking in the sound's direction. "What if it's a monster?" The pig asks scared but the blonde doesn't listen so the pig follows close behind him. When they got to where they heard the thud they saw the white-haired girl lying on the ground, blood pooling around her head, staining her hair, blood oozing from her wounds and the arrow still stuck in her foot. "It's a girl!" The pig states the obvious. The blonde stares at the girl for a second before walking up to her. "We should take her back to the tavern." He says, picking her up bridal style and taking her back to his tavern. 

༄✩༄✩༄✩༄✩༄✩༄✩༄

Once back at the tavern the blonde boy laid the girl on his bed and went to fetch a bowl of water, a rag, and some bandages. He placed the bowl on the bedside table and began cleaning the girl's wounds. "Poor girl, I wonder how she got those ." The pig wonders, the blonde stays quiet and continues cleaning her wounds. When he finished he bandaged her wounds and left the room with the pig following. 

The girl had been out for a few days and every day the pig and tavern owner checked on her. Until one day, she groans and opens her eyes seeing an unfamiliar environment. She sits up and the towel on her forehead falls onto her lap. The girl looks around the room confused seeing a neat bedroom and her retracted scythe leaning on the bed frame. Then she hears a door opening and quickly turns to it seeing the blonde entering the room. "Oh, you're awake." He says, seeing the girl staring at him with wide eyes. He steps forward and the girl scrambles back not trusting him just yet, she reaches for her scythe. The blade extends and she points it at him leaving him to put his hands up in defeat. "Woah, calm down. I'm not gonna hurt you." He reassures her. She doesn't believe it and stares at the sword on his back. He sees this and pulls his sword out revealing the broken blade. "See? It's okay. You're safe." He reassures her putting his sword back in its sheathe. 

"I'm... safe?" She repeats. "Mm-hmm." The blonde hums and nods. "I'm safe. I'm okay." She whispers, retracting her blade. The blonde was gonna say something but the pig entered the room. "Oh, she's awake." It says walking further into the room. "The pig, it talks?" She tilts her head to the side staring at it with curious blue eyes. "I'm Hawk." The pig introduces himself. "Cute." She giggles. "We found you in a forest unconscious and injured, do you know who did this to you?" The blonde asks. "Hmm." The girl hums and looks down trying to remember what happened. "Must've hit your head hard." The pig notes. "Mm-hmm. Do you know your name?" The blonde asks. "My name..." She trails off trying to figure it out. "My name... Sera...ph... Seraphina." She replies. "Are you sure?" The blonde asks. "Yes. My name is Seraphina." She says now sure. 

"Where are your parents?" Seraphina asks. "My parents? Oh no, I can assure you I'm much older than I look." The blonde tells her and she nods. "You hungry?" He asks. "Yes." Seraphina nods. "Come on. I'll make you something." He says walking out of the room. "Oh boy." The pig sighs. Seraphina throws the covers off her and moves to the edge of the bed. As soon as her feet touch the floor her legs give out and she begins falling. "Whoa." The blonde says catching the girl with one arm around her waist, grabbing her breast. An irk mark appears on the pig's forehead and he would've kicked the blonde if he hadn't been the girl's only support. "Looks like your leg hasn't healed yet. No worries I'll just carry downstairs." The blonde tells her. He picks her up and walks down the stairs. "Don't worry Seraphina, I'll take care of you until you're better." He says. 

That was five years ago.

Let me know how you like it so far. It's planned to come out in mid 2024 so that'll give me enough time to work on my other books. Hope you like this demo though, it'll be improved and have more added to it when it's published. 

~K C