The Curtain Drops

"You expected this, Ishu?"

"Did you?"

"No! Obviously not! He's a goddamn cricketer who runs after his own ball is delivered. I don't expect him to lose sense just after seeing his teammates kissing who he has been trying set up for kissing any—"

"Okay, okay Shubi, calm down!" Ishan rubs his palms over Shubman's chest soothingly.

Shubman huffs deeply.

"But if you put it like that way, it sounds really traumatizing."

Shubman snickers, "Then we should do it again."

Ishan kicks him with his feet, "An utter nuisance that you are!"

"Huhh?!" Shubman mock gasps, "And you aren't?"

"Dramebaaz.."

"You too babe."

"Shut up and sprinkle water on Siraj bhai's face."

"Oh yeah, right!"

"Others coming?"

"Yeah, called Virat bhai. He's on his way. Probably a doctor too."

Virat and KL are the first ones to barge through the doors. The others come toppling behind them.

"What the hell happened?" Virat calls out.

Ishan and Shubman are sitting on the floor. Siraj's head on Ishan's lap and Shubman is fanning and occasionally pouring water on a half-conscious Siraj's face.

KL immediately takes the charges, rubbing Siraj's neck and on his chest, and shake his face. Ishan had opened his gym shirt to loosen him up.

"Siraj? Siraj you alright?" KL asks, "Can you hear me?"

Siraj answers something brokenly.

From the group, someone says, "Told him not to go to the gym in the evening. It never suits him after eating."

Virat silently looks at Rohit, who gives him a deadpan expression back.

"Its your fault!"

"I know, just don't let it out."

After all, it had been Virat to send him to the gym when Ishu and Shub were working out.

The doctor isn't needed much, it's a simple black out. But they keep Siraj remain seated on the gym floor, until he understands what is really happening around him.

Siraj just stares blank in no particular direction, just ahead of himself.

"What's happened to him? Saw a ghost or what?" Kuldeep asks in Shreyas' ears.

"Arrey Siraj bhai? Are you okay?" Jadeja kneels beside him and asks. Siraj looks so shocked.

Rohit had enough.

He turned towards Ishan and Shubman sticking close, just beside Siraj.

"You two! Spill now. What happened?" Rohit asks them.

Obviously, it's them. Who else?

Two pair of innocent eyes look up at him.

Fuck! Rohit sighs. As if he has any power over them.

"Nothing Rohit bhai. We're just talking—"

"You were just TALKING?"

KL almost gets his soul out of his body, at the sudden pump of energy and voice from Siraj.