Chapter 2

Her fingers drummed a rapid staccato on the table surface, a nervous rhythm that betrayed the whirlwind of thoughts racing through her mind. She blows her cheeks out  with a heavy breath meant to steady her as it has been almost midnight still there is no news of Anuj's arrival. When she reaches his cabin only to be greet with vacant space abandoned of specific human presence. 

' Anuj theek to hai ne ? ', Anupamaa  asked herself as she battled against the relentless waves of anxious energy coursing through her body. The tuck of the clock echoed in her ears, each passing second a reminder of time slipping away and there is no news of Anuj, fueling her anxiousness.

She traced invisible patterns on the tablecloth, a nervous tic that betrayed her anxious anticipation. Getting up from her place she shuffled through her tote bag to get grip over her buttoned phone and dial number without giving second thought for disturbing someone at this late as her priorities are clear for now, Anuj.

" Devika tume Anuj ke baare mein kuch pata che ? ", Anupamaa spoke so quickly it became hard to tell what she was saying to the sane person then what do you expect from the sleepy Devika who mumbled something in drowsy tone somewhere irking her. 

" Anujjjj ... ? Kya bol rahi hain yaar Anu ? ", Devika asked her bestie being drowsy still being sleepy while not understanding what has been spoken from another end and more over who called people at past midnight ?!

" Devika, aaj Anuj ke maa-baba ki barsi thi to jahir si baat hain ki vo Ghar to jayenge nahi na ?! To tujhe pata hain kya vo kaha gaye honge ? ", Anupama taking deep breath to calming her tone and questioned in soft and more clear voice.

" Vaise to Anuj usually apne penthouse jata hain magar yaha par apne purane Ghar gaya honga ... Jaha vo apne mumma-papa ke saath rahta tha before that mishap. " Devika completed as her voice had dropped an octave and was gritty as her chest felt hollow for her best friend.

Gathering herself, anupamaa asked devika for the address of his old residence which was enough for Devika to jerked up and her eyes widen in realisation why Anupamaa demanded the address and restricted her.

Devika : Anu nai, agar tu yeh soch rahi hain ki tu Anuj ko console karengi, uska dard batengi to tu galat track par hain. Jis soft-spoken gentleman Anuj ko tu janti hain yeh vo nahi hain, he is too dangerous to be approached right now. Tune office ka mahol dekha aaj, bohot dense and thick tha, right ?!

Devika asked only to receive silence from other side and continue few moments, " Dekh Anu, I know ki tujhe Anuj ki fikar ho rahi hain and you just want ki vo theek ho but tu bhi situation ki thickness ko samajh yaar, jis tarah tera past trauma raha hain usi tarah uska past bhi kisi nightmare se kam nahi raha hain. "

" Agar vo dard batenge nahi to unhe vo dard andar se khokhla kar denga Devika, jine ki vajah chhin lenga ... ", Anupama whispered in desperate tone, trying to convince her bestie to share the address as she just wanna check him, even if it meant by from faraway.

Devika : Mana dard batne se kam ho jata hain Anu magar kuch ateet ke panne chhune se hi ruh kamp uthti hain to unhe palatne ka sawal hi nahi uthata.

Anupama : Mujhe unke ateet mein nahi jhakna hain Devika aur naahi hi kuch karna hain. Bas unhe ek baar dekhna hain, dur se hi sahi, apne liye ... tu samajh ne !!!

Anupama scream of rage devolved into a cry and unknown to herself, her eyes rimmed with tears feeling unknown emotions erupting inside her gut. She felt need to see him, might because of the image of her shayar Kapadia doesn't settle down to her cause she cares for him after all he is her business partners.

---

Thump Thump Thump

The echo of the force meeting the bag and it's brutal empact boomed in whole gym room followed by another in specific interval, following a rhythm. The force was increasing with each passing second, to exhaust himself and keeping his mind away from the very thought.