Chapter 1

ɴᴏᴛᴇ: ᴀʟʟ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ʜᴀʀʀʏ ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ. ᴄᴏᴘʏ-ᴡʀɪᴛᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴᴛᴇɴᴅᴇᴅ.

Third person's pov

Mia woke up in an unfamiliar room, feeling disoriented. She even wondered if she was still dreaming, so she pinched herself to make sure, immediately regretting it because it hurt.

Her knees trembled as she got off the bed, and she was momentarily stunned by her hands, which seemed so small. A child's hands? At this point, Mia was truly at a loss for what to think.

As far as she could remember, she had just graduated from college. She was excited to start working at the cafe diner owned by her family, and now she had apparently regressed to childhood? At least, that's what she was thinking. However, this thought quickly vanished from her mind when she looked in the mirror and saw someone else's face. She recognized the person, in fact, she even had a crush on them. But what had really happened?

How and why was she in Hermione Granger's body?

Mia struggled to piece together what had happened. She tried to ignore the throbbing headache, but she couldn't help but cry out when she felt intense pain in her back that spread throughout her body. It felt as if she had been hit by a car...

Hit by a car?

Mia's eyes widened as she realized that she hadn't just been hit "like" by a car, but had actually been hit by a huge truck. It felt like she had become the protagonist in an anime. Wasn't this the classic way for a main character to die in an isekai anime? Was that what had happened to her? Since she was now Hermione.

Right, she didn't just remember her death, but also Hermione Granger's memories. So, she hadn't snatched anyone's body.

Mia's mood quickly darkened when her body tensed, as she remembered once again that she had died.

Earlier, she felt like a main character, but now she felt like an extra in a movie, the kind that needed to be killed off because there was no other sacrifice to make. Yes, she had wished in her next life to live as a witch in the world of Harry Potter, but that was just a childish wish. She was still so young. She didn't even get to say goodbye to her Mama Celeste and her twin, Sia. They were the only ones left together in life, and now she had left them behind.

Tears welled up in Mia's eyes as she bitterly chuckled, knowing that the two most important women in her life were probably crying right now. She had promised herself that she would never make them cry, but accidents happen, and she understood that. Besides, she didn't regret saving the child who chased after her ball, not knowing that a truck was approaching. She also knew that if she hadn't reacted first, Sia or her mother would have tried to save the child. So, in a way, she was grateful that they were okay. If only there was a way to find out what had happened to them.

Mia wiped away her tears as Emma, her mother in this world, entered the room.

Emma's smile faded upon seeing Mia's expression, and despite her attempts to wipe away the tears, Mia's eyes seemed to leak uncontrollably.

Mia broke into sobs when her mother embraced her. Emma chose to remain silent, letting Mia cry, though it was evident that she was concerned.

Mia must have cried for an hour, her eyes swollen and red, her nose running. Emma never stopped rubbing her back.