Taker

TAKER

Death, it has always been an intense fear that I have had for some time. But it's not the fear of me dying that has scared me; it was the death of loved ones that would grip my heart the most. The fear of being alone in the world with no one to hold on to absolutely scared me.

But I have learned that fear can sometimes let things in...evil things unlike anything that the human mind can comprehend. Its better if I explain it from the start, my name is Chase Mosey. I have been blessed with an extremely caring and loving family.

I am just your average 18 year old who is about to finish up my Senior Year of High School, I live with my mother and my young seven year old sister named Betty. I never really knew my father well. While my mother was giving birth to me, you see, my father was driving to the hospital, but died due to a combination of wet roads and a drunk driver. My mother was devastated, but she was happy at least that I was fine.

Growing up without a dad isn't easy but I always managed to get really close to my grandfather Jasper Mosey. He was the closest thing I had to a father figure in my younger years. The day he was in the hospital was one of the saddest days of my life. I just remember hearing his heart monitor stop as he stopped breathing and the doctors confirmed him dead. I had never cried so hard in my life, thankfully my younger sister and my mother was there to comfort me. I am glad that my family is supportive of me during hard times, but that day changed me and I will always regret the changes that have occurred especially now. You see after my grandfather's is when I had the growing fear of losing my loved ones.

My nightmare started on a cool fall day. While on my way to school I saw a guy standing in the reflection of a store window across the street. But no one seemed to acknowledge him plus when I looked across the street where he was supposed to be standing, he wasn't there. He also had this weird vibe to him. He stood roughly six feet, eight inches tall; he wore a black cap that looked a bit worn; He wore a hooded grey jacket with thick black strips running around his sleeves and body.

His jeans were dark black, along with black shoes. He sported a black haired goatee His arms were crossed behind his back and his caps visor covered his face. I only managed to see his mouth slowly curl into a twisted smile as he chuckled. I didn't know what the hell to think, I rubbed my eyes and looked back to the window.....But he was gone. My thoughts raced, he wasn't one of my friends from school nor anyone I recognized but I was running late so I just brushed it off.

The school day was boring as any school day usually was. But it started to get strange when I went to the bathroom between my art and science classes. As I entered the bathroom I immediately head a chuckling laughter as well as heavy breathing. I normally would have said "Fuck it..." and left, but the chuckling seemed... familiar. That's when it hit me it was the same one I had heard from earlier this morning.

I immediately got on my knees and looked under the stalls to check if this guy was in one of them, I wanted answers to why he was bothering me. I didn't see any feet under the stalls and started bashing stall doors open. The more stall doors that I opened both angered me and had me believe that this bastard was in the final stall. I slowly got up to the final stall and grabbed the handle.

"Got cha!" I yelled as I opened the door waiting to see this prick standing on the toilet. But... to my disbelief the stall was empty.

"That....that's impossible I know he is in here I heard him!" I told myself not wanting to believe he somehow got away or if I was crazy. I walked to the sink and looked at myself in the mirror; I checked my eyes to see if they were blood shot.

"Nope, I look fine." I assured myself, turned on the faucet and filled my hand with warm water slashing my face and wiping it off with my jacket sleeve. As I looked up I saw the man from earlier but this time he was standing behind me looking into the mirror over my shoulder. Only... Only he wasn't a man he looked... Dead... No, not even dead he... I didn't know what to think really. He looked radically different from the last time I saw him. His skin was a pale grey; a huge gash was made across his throat with dried blood on his white shirt and lower neck that I could see under a part of his unzipped jacket.