Eye for an eye

head held high and his chest puffed out, Sniper marched over to Storm's usual spot, plopping himself right down in the snow with a pout on his snout and a stern look in his eyes.

"You can do this Sniper. Show Storm you mean business!" he narrowed his eyes, glancing around to see Storm's strainer still on the ground. Sniper taking his off and tossing it away as well.

Krch- "hey can you hear me?" his brother asked from the walkie talkie

Sniper flinched, nearly dropping it as he lifted it to his muzzle, holding down the button on the side.
"Yeah I can! What do I do?"

Chk- "alright you're just gonna wanna...sit there. Maybe move around. You were at least watching what I was doing before, right? Just do that."

"Sir yes sir!" he stuck the walkie talkie back in his fur, standing to his fours and lifting the steaming bowl of aburaage in his magical grasp.

"Helloo mr. or mrs. kitsune?! We have a some aburaage we can give youu if you can just come out and be nice and not eat other animal's souls anymoree!!" he exclaimed, tails wagging and his magic shifting back to yellow. "We can even get you some tea if you'd like! Or another toy!"

krsh- "Sniper what the heck are you doing?! They only seek out the vulnerable!"

"well I don't want to lie to it..." Sniper mumbled into his fur

chk- "i'm sorry, but what has this kitsune been doing to us all this time?!"

Sniper sighed, shaking his head,
"my name is Sniper! We're only here because we just want you to stop feeding off of others! It's not nice, and I know it's scary, but you could've just asked for some food if you were hungry! There's plenty of animals who would've understood!" he beamed, looking to and fro for any signs of the kitsune. Any scent in the air. But there was none. Only the stillness of the night.

But suddenly, he'd hear something behind him, the crunching of snow.

He turned, tails sweeping up the snow under him.

There was an elderly reindeer trotting along, mumbling to themself with shopping bags hung from their antlers. Eyes blind, cast over in whiteish blue deterioration.

"Mr. Rangifer? You shouldn't be out right now, you know. Are you alright?" he blinked, ears flattened

he stopped in his tracks, grunting
"yes, I am aware, I am simply trying to get back to my home without losing a leg."

"Oh, well, I could help you back if you'd like! It's kinda a long way from here..."

krsh- "Sniper what're you doing?! He could've been already fed off of!!" Storm whispered in a staticky panic

Sniper's eyes widened

"eh...I guess." He shrugged

"okay- but before we go, you've been tested right?" he smiled nervously

"mhm. Negative." He showed him a negative test from his coat pocket "what about you? Yer not one'a them right...?" he cautiously asked.

Sniper shook his head vehemently
"no, no! I mean- I am a kitsune. But not the kitsune! You can trust me!" he grinned

chk- "you can help him back. But just know i'm keeping a close eye out. This still seems a little suspicious to me..." he whispered

"if you say so.."

"okay, just follow my scent! I know a shortcut right there!" he exclaimed, readying to bound off like a loaded spring.

"How about I show you a SHortcUt To TaRtaruS inSteAd?"