vague whispers

⎯⎯ ୨ ୧ ⎯⎯

⎯⎯ ୨ ୧ ⎯⎯

⎯⎯ ୨ ୧ ⎯⎯

aether tapped his fingers on his knees to the rhythm of the piece he was listening to, leaning his head on the cold, vibrating metal of the bus he was on.

the background of chatter filled the air as the viola currently playing in his headphones crescendoed, a smooth vibrato on a G ending the song.

the blonde looked down at his phone, hitting the replay button again.

"aether," another voice chirped, barbara's voice startling him, "surely you're not worried about this audition?"

"we all know you're going to make it in, we'll be surprised if you don't make first chair." eula supplied with a smile, finishing barbara's thought.

"i'm just a bit nervous." aether admitted, one of his knees starting to bounce up and down gently.

"no reason for that." albedo, who was sitting right next to him, placed his hand firmly on aether's leg to prevent it from bouncing. he dug into his pockets to pull out a white, round pill in a plastic baggie. "i created this to help ease nerves. would you like it?"

"oh, sure." aether replied mindlessly, not really focusing on albedo. he opened the bag and plucked out the pill as he opened a water bottle and swallowed the pill. the alchemist smiled, happy for his creations to be of help.

"let me know if you feel any side effects, like dizziness, nausea, stuff like that." albedo commanded, face warming up as he quickly retracted his hand from aether's leg.

"i will, thank you albedo." the blonde smiled sincerely at him before going back into whatever world he was in and quietly humming his audition piece. albedo turned away, trying not to show just how flustered he was from the simple acknowledgement.

albedo had always liked aether, since middle school even, but it wasn't until recently that it started getting serious. he knew that aether liked boys for a fact, but the main problem was that aether was so... distracted all the time.